Those Animated Animals -- Some Smiles for Your Sunday

From as far back as I can remember, I’ve always loved animals. As pets they add comfort, companionship, loyalty and fun to our lives. When wild and part of nature’s kingdom, their majesty and beauty captives us.

Walt Disney and Charles Schultz were the masters of portraying animals at their animated best. To this day I delight in watching clips of some of my childhood favorite characters, including those below. Sip your favorite beverage this Sunday afternoon and join me in a trip down Memory Lane. Reel yourself back to a carefree time when giggling and grinning were more the norms than the exceptions in your younger days.



The Aristocats (aristocracy never had it so cute) –

Click here to access a clip that will have you humming along










Lady and the Tramp (featuring my favorite romantic scene, complete with spaghetti) –





Mary Poppins (Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious -- who doesn’t love riding those carousel horses?) –






101 Dalmations (countless laughs from over a hundred adorable puppies) –





Snoopy and Woodstock (my all-time favorite cartoon character—Happy Dance time) –




Bambi (an emotionally compelling Classic) –




Rudolph (happy holiday memories) –






Wishing you all many happy reading moments,

Shawna Moore
TO HELLE AND BACK AGAIN -- Ellora's Cave Exotika
TORMENTED -- Ellora's Cave (Recommended Read from Alternative-read.com and Dark Angel Reviews)
ROUGHRIDER -- Ellora's Cave Exotika
HELLE IN HEELS -- Ellora's Cave Exotika

Shawna's Myspace
Helle's Myspace

6 comments:

Cameo Brown said...

Thanks so much for this blast from the past, Shawna! These are so great. I love the Siamese cat playing the piano in the AristoCats and I could swear Snoopy is doing a samba walk and may have possibly slipped in a volta...OMG, that's too fantastic!

ShawnaMoore said...

Hi, Cameo!

Glad you enjoyed my trip back in time :) Been humming the Aristocats' theme while housecleaning :) No matter that many years have passed since I last saw some of those movies or shows. Today I was "there" and a kid all over again :)

Happy week wishes,

Shawna

Nicole North said...

Neat post, Shawna! 101 Dalmations is one of my favorites and partially inspired the first story I wrote back in the day. LOL I think I read the book too.

ShawnaMoore said...

Hi, Nicole!

Glad to hear how those cute animated Dalmations and their story proved inspirational in your writing. Keep writing your wonderful stories!

Happy week wishes,

Shawna

Carol Ericson said...

Thanks for the great clips, Shawna! Dick Van Dyke was great in Mary Poppins - I just love him - even when he was one of the "bad" guards in Night at the Museum.

ShawnaMoore said...

Hi, Carol!

Dick Van Dyke has always been one of my t.v. favorites. Mom also used to love watching Diagnosis: Murder. He's a very versatile actor--and an awesome dancer!

Happy week wishes,

Shawna