Liane Gentry Skye Serves Up Two Hot Stories

I'm thrilled that we have Liane Gentry Skye as a guest here today so we can learn more about her and her two sizzling, emotional stories released this month. One is in Secrets Volume 27 Untamed Pleasures (which also contains my story.)

Liane Gentry Skye was considered the girl most likely to become a nun in high school. Upon graduation, she wasted no time rewriting her miserable destiny. Two marriages, one real life alpha hero and four beautiful babies later, she decided it wise to exchange her rhinestone thong for soccer mom sweats.


Thank you for joining us today, Liane! Please tell us about Heart Storm from Secrets Volume 27.

Sirenia is the last fertile mermaid of her brood. With her final breeding moon upon her, she races a hurricane to find and mate with the only merman who can save their kind--the prophesied Lost Son of Triton. When she rescues an injured Navy SEAL, another storm breaks. A passion storm. But when the time comes to ask Byron for her freedom, her heart threatens to stand in the way of the last, best hope for her kind.

I loved this story! You have another release this month. Please tell us about Wicked Temptation.

Wicked Temptation is the first book in Red Sage Publishing's multi author series, Three Kinds of Wicked.

Here's the series blurb: Trey is a time strider, sworn to guard the fates of mortal couples destined to help humanity earn immortality. When a covetous goddess doses Trey with an aphrodisiac, he acts on his secret yearning for a mate to call his own. But the only thing worse than falling in love with a destined mortal is making love with one. When Trey loses his heart to Sage, a mortal woman destined to love another, the fate of all humanity hangs in the balance.

In penance, Trey must stride through a fractured timeline, doing whatever it takes to reunite the couples his actions have torn apart. Only then can he earn a final chance to help Sage save humanity from the evil that covets their very souls. But even if he is successful, can Sage forgive him the carnal journey it took for him to help save her world?

My individual story, Wicked Temptation takes place in 1969 during the Summer of Love, and chronicles Trey's affair with Sage and her tormented lover, Russ as they journey toward Woodstock.

That's a unique and interesting setting and time period! What did you find most challenging about writing each of these two stories?

Since Heart Storm was my first attempt at romance, plotting was a challenge, as was staying in control of the shifting POV in the story. Sometimes, my villain wanted to run away with the story. I never knew how much I liked writing bad guys until I met my evil merman, Ba'at Rath.

Even though I'm still happy with the story, since so much time passed between the time Heart Storm went to contract and the time I saw the final proofs, that changes in my writing were jarring to me. But I still love the story. How could I not? It's the first work of fiction I ever sold!

I began Wicked Temptation just before entering a very painful period in my life. I had to struggle with a lot of dark moments as I wrote the book, and when I finally slogged my way to the end, the last half of the story in no way resembled the lighter voice in the first half. So I had to go back and revise. The end result was an edgy, brooding story that I don't know I'd have been capable of before.

That's fascinating. What inspires you?

Anything and everything. Seriously, I get inspired by the strangest things. The turn of leaves before a storm. The delicate lace of a dragonfly's wing. A memory. A poem. A perfect bunch of grapes. A little old lady give the man she's loved all her life that shy, knowing smile. The sound of my children breathing during the wee hours, proof all is well in their world.

I can totally understand that. What was the most important thing you learned (the thing that made all the difference) just before you made your first sale in erotic romance?

True erotic heat isn't in the mechanics or the choreography. It's in the emotional connection between your hero and heroine Once the emotion is there, the mechanics follow.

Absolutely. Would you like to ask readers a question?

The economy has changed not only my buying habits, but my reading habits. How have your reading habits changed since the country's bottom line took a nosedive? Reading lighter fare? Re-reading old favorites? I really want to know!

Thanks for being here with us today, Liane! I've enjoyed it! Everyone please visit Liane's website at: http://www.lianegentryskye.com/

To learn more about Heart Storm click here.

To learn more about Wicked Temptation click here.

10 comments:

Deb's Book Nook said...

Hi Liane! Great to see you here.

I love these two stories. The emotion, the drama, not to mention downright hot, all combined in your stories make for excellent reads! I'd definitely recommend them to everybody!

Carly Carson said...

Hi Liane,

Congratulations on having 2 books out this month, and the start of your great series.

The economy hasn't changed my book reading/buying habits at all. The price of a book is so small relative to the big expenses in my life, that it just doesn't seem to matter. It's a bigger problem for me that some of the stories I really want to read are only available online and I just don't enjoy reading online. Tried it; don't like it.

Carly

Pat McDermott said...

Hi Liane. Congrats on the releases of these wonderfully original stories! Glad you didn't become a nun :-) The economy has me getting more books from the library, which turned into a good thing. Now when I'm finished, they go back instead of causing more book clutter. Good luck with all your writing! And thank you, Nicole, for bringing us this entertaining interview.

Liane Gentry Skye said...

Awww, Deb, you say the sweetest things! Thank you! (how much do I owe you again? )

Liane

Liane Gentry Skye said...

Carly, I didn't really get into ebooks until I got a Kindle. I hate reading on my computer, probably because I look at it all day LOL. Ereaders are so much easier to curl up in bed with than a computer. ;)

Thanks for stopping by!

Liane Gentry Skye said...

Thanks, Pat! I'n not sure my library carries Secrets, but I am turning to them for my hardcover fixes! That way I can read a title before I invest in it as a keeper.

Calista Fox, Author said...

Mmm... YUM! Double the pleasure--two super-hot stories from Liane!!! Wicked Temptation was impossible to put down and the only reason I didn't feel severely depressed when I reached the end (yanno, cuz it was OVER), was because I knew Liane would be wrapping up the series with another scorching-hot, emotionally intense story. Can't wait for that one, girlfriend!!!!

Natasha Moore said...

Wickws Temptation was an awesome read! Haven't gotten my Vol 27 yet, but looking forward to it.

My reading habits haven't changed at all because of the economy. I don't read as many books now, but it's because of the time I spend writing now doesn't leave as much time to read. I have an ebookwise, which I love to use to read e-books. Definitely better than reading on the computer.

Great interview, Liane!

Mia Varano said...

Liane, I can't wait to read Wicked Temptation (the whole thing - of course I got a sneak peek). My book buying habits haven't changed much - afterall, books are a great value for the entertainment!

Kytaira said...

Both books sound great!

My buying habits haven't changed because of the economy. I'm still spending as much if not more. What has changed for me is that I got rid of dial-up so I'm back to ebooks. In fact I'm buying an ereader soon. Since I'm going for more ebooks. I've gone back to hotter books and more paranormals.