Real Life Heroines

by Kristin Daniels

I'm coming at you from RWA Nationals in Washington, DC! The conference started in earnest today, and can I just say Wow! I've laughed, cried and been inspired beyond belief. I've passed some of my own favorite authors in the hallways and the lobby, and listened to sage words of advice in opening ceremonies and luncheons.

In a lot of ways, these women--every one of them who put their heart and souls into their craft--well, they are my heroines. I look at them, listen to their stories and realize that maybe they're not so different from me. The trick is to take what I'll learn here and apply it to write the best books I possibly can.

But for now I'm going to enjoy my time here in DC, soak up the knowledge, and maybe, just maybe, walk away from it a better author.

More on my experiences next week...

Until then,

Kristin

4 comments:

Natasha Moore said...

Have a great time at conference!! I hope to be able to make it next year.

Carol Ericson said...

Kristin, enjoy every moment! Did you hear Eloisa James's speech? I was sorry to miss the conference this year for that alone.

Kristin Daniels said...

Thanks, Natasha! It really has been great!

Carol, OMG. Eloisa James's speech was so amazing. Eloquent and inspirational. I teared up during it more than once!

Nicole North said...

Great post and I agree with you! It was so fantastic meeting you, Kristin!!