What is romantic to you?

Okay, guys. Romantic getaways and gifts do not apply to me right now, unless it’s my characters doing the giving--hmm, come to think of it, I can’t think of anything my characters have given as a romantic gift.

No, Dante gave Caitlyn flowers on their first official date. Wildflowers. (The author can’t stand roses.) But, I think that is it. Interesting. I just learned something about myself. I’ve never been big on romantic gifts, and it would seem I put that in my writing. Flowers, jewelry, perfume and other things don’t really do anything for me. Yeah, it’s uber sweet and all, but I’d much prefer a cuddle on the couch and the gift of time.

Time. I never have enough of it. I think one of the best gifts my ex-hubby ever gave me was a full day to read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. A full day. I locked myself in a room and he took care of the kids. I didn’t budge for 15 hours. Best gift ever!

What have your characters given as a romantic gift?
Esme
www.esmereldabishop.com

No comments: