The Urge to Brain Splurge

It's that time of year, folks. Time to head back to work tomorrow, to officially start 2010 with a work week. Vacation time is over and it's back to Things As Usual. And for those in the cooler climes, back to braving the wind, rain, sleet, and snow to make our appointed rounds.

But wait! We still have today, don't we? It's not over yet, is it? No, it's not. Still time to be decadent, to enjoy that one last little bit of relaxation. What are you going to do?

I'm going to read.

I've been reading more this last holiday season than ever, having re-discovered the joy of it. I've been writing so much this last couple of years that I haven't gotten to read as much as I like, but this year, the minute I got some time off, I binge read. I just needed a little hit, that's all, a nice little story to take the edge off, but then I couldn't stop. I had to have more...and more...and more!

It doesn't help that so many publishers and book distributors have had mega-sales during this time of year. I've been buying and downloading books, plus hording the ones I got as Christmas presents. I've got my stash replenished, and I can't wait to start digging into it.

Right now, though, I just need one story because I have put off thinking about getting ready to go back to work tomorrow morning, in the cold darkness of this winter's dreariness, and a nice bit of erotica will be just the ticket. Why don't you grab one of your favorites or one on your To Read list and settle in with me? I've had this one story I've just been crazy to read, but I wanted to save it for a special moment just as this, to share with other readers who, like me, just sometimes need a little mental stimulation of the, well, stimulating kind. lol

Wanna know what I'm going to read? Maybe I'll telll, but maybe I won't. However, feel free to share titles or recommendations. I've still got some gift certificates left, and I'm not afraid to use them.

Happy Sunday, and Happy Reading!

4 comments:

Natasha Moore said...

I'd love to know which book you'd been looking forward to reading Cameo. I've just picked up Addicted, a Spice novel by Charlotte Featherstone.

Sherry said...

I just finished Street Game by Christine Feehan about 30 minutes ago another good book by her. I read Fired Up by Jayne Ann Krentz yesterday and I really loved it and can't wait for her next book. I'm also looking forward to the next book by Christine Feehan.

Carly Carson said...

So do tell. Last week I read Murder under the Royal Palms (non-fiction). Okay. Then I read Black Hills by Nora. Shhhh....boring. I can't seem to find anything I love, probably because I don't like to read on my computer (read on treadmill) so e-books are out.

Nicole North said...

My TBR stacks are so high and toppled over. :) I love reading but don't do it often enough. Another goal for 2010, to read for fun sometimes.