- Stacie Nightingale was given her last name after a friend suggested it would be a great name in a romance novel. That is also how Shannon Mercer got her first name.
- The character Owen Landry was inspired by an old boyfriend.
- I was writing children’s books when I first started writing about Owen and Stacie, so made Stacie an aspiring author.
- Stacie and I both believe chai fixes everything.
- The condo building and location where Owen, Stacie, Jenny, and Ty live is inspired by a condo building my sister-in-law once lived in.
- The Sound of Circumstance was originally planned to be book #3 in a three book series, until the ideas for The Sound of Betrayal and The Sound of Deception sprouted.
- There are currently 7 more novels planned in the series, each story featuring characters who have already appeared in the first five novels.
- My brother-in-law is a lawyer in Seattle and provides guidance on all the legal mumbo-jumbo that appears in my stories. I also have an obstetrics nurse friend who provided input on the medical hoopla.
- I wrote The Sound of Circumstance for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) and finished the first draft in just 12 days.