Instead of being all virtuous and listing my New Year’s resolutions, of which I have many, I’m going to blog about all those pesky bad habits that I just know I’ll be giving into by the end of January! So instead of resolving against them, I’m just going to embrace them...
- I resolve to sneak over to hulu.com when I’m supposed to be writing at night to watch yet another episode of Lost. I had never watched this TV show, but so many people told me how great it was I decided to check out the first season on Hulu, no commitment there since watching is free (for now). So I watched the entire first season of Lost in less than two weeks while sitting at my desk in my office. OK, now I’m hooked and I do love Sawyer (especially shirtless). Looks kind of like a pirate, doesn’t he?
- I resolve to tell my 12 and 13 yr old boys that they’re dumbasses, when indeed they’re acting like dumbasses. (Keep that Parent of the Year award on the back burner for another year.)
- I resolve NOT to finish my daily writing by a reasonable hour, say 11:00 PM, and instead stay up until some ungodly hour of the morning when I have to get up a few hours later for my day job.
- I resolve to eat dessert at least a few times a week, including but not limited to ice cream, brownies, and chocolate kisses.
- I resolve to sit in the sun with a Diet Coke in one hand and a good book in the other instead of doing housework.
- I resolve to watch the next season of Dancing with the Stars AND to scream and yell when my favorite contestant doesn’t win. \
- I resolve to take at least one trip/vacation this year that I can’t really afford and put it on the credit card.
- I resolve to buy another pair of pointy-toed flats.
- I resolve to scream and yell and jump up and down at my sons’ soccer games, and embarrass the heck out of them.
- I resolve to forget about organizing all my digital photos and put them on DVDs and instead buy one of those digital frames that holds 4,000 photos!
Wishing you all a wonderful, guilt-free 2010!