Make Me Laugh!

The other night we were watching a rerun of Psych and I realized something. I find Sean hot! LOL It's strange to say that because he's not the typical bad guy, the rough and tough type that women are usually attracted too. (and I SO want him and Jules to hook up!) He uses his brain to get the job done. I'll be the first to admit that the alpha heroes are just plain hot too. Big, rugged men who know all the right things to say, all the right ways to please a woman, and can catch the bad guy while still kissing the girl ain'tt nuttin' to sneeze at. LOL. Lora Leigh's men for instance. I sooooo love her heroes.

But, here's the thing. There's another kind of hot. The guys who know how to make a woman smile with just a few words. They can fix your frozen computer, sodder a laptop cord back together and even keep you from having to pay for a new dishwasher.

I'm finding those humorous, intelligent men sexy as hell. My husband is a guy like that. I love watching him go all technical. I love it when he says something ornery and gives me that grin. His humor was the first thing that attracted me to him. We could be in an argument and he'd say something silly and totally take the stress right out of the situation. He has always had a way of making me laugh.

But, my biggest problem is, I can't seem to find a lot heroes with that type of humor in books. A few of Erin McCarthy's heroes and some of Lori Foster's heroes had that sort of humor. Maybe that's why they're auto-buys for me.

So, give me a hand, would ya? Tell me some authors who write those sexy, humorous, intelligent guys who know more than banging heads together to get the job done.

4 comments:

Cameo Brown said...

I absolutely LOVE smart men. It's like a fetish, seriously. However, it's really hard to find them as heroes. Have to ponder it.

Abby Niles said...

That is a toughie. I think TV shows tend to have more of those kind of hero's. Like my big crush is Joe off Medium. He's a freaking engineer that worked for NASA, LOL. But I adore him.
Esme

Nicole North said...

I love a man who can make me laugh too! And one who can fix anything. My husband is great at both. I'm having a difficult time thinking of authors to recommend who always create funny heroes however. Sometimes what's funny about a hero is his straight face, while he tries to deal with the exasperating heroine. I always enjoy Karen Marie Moning and Rachel Gibson for the humor in their books.

Julie Robinson said...

Anne, my DH is the same way. He'll make me so mad, and then insert something that has me laughing despite my best intention not to crack a smile.
What about some heroes from Jennifer Crusie or Vickie Lewis Thompson?