7 Sentences from Flaunt It

The theme this week at Fierce Romance is: Seven sentences from my book. Sounds simple, doesn't it? But it was a lot harder than I thought it would be to pick those seven sentences.

First of all, which book? The last release? The first one? The one coming up next? The one I'm working on now?

Then which seven sentences? I'd want the tiny excerpt to give you a taste of the story. But I don't want to give too much away. And a mere seven sentences taken out of context might not make any sense. I quickly realized that seven sentences aren't enough - every snippet I thought about using made me want to give you more than just seven sentences - after all, the ones just before and right after are important too.

But I finally made up my mind. These sentences are from my next release from Samhain. For those of you who had been looking forward to its release March 22nd, I'm sorry to say the date has been pushed out. I'll let you know as soon I have a new release date. Until then, here is the cover and the blurb:



BLURB:

When it comes to sexy and sassy, Piper, the most popular waitress at Ben’s bar, has it all going on. Now that they’re dating, though, Ben wishes she’d dial down the skimpy clothes and flirty attitude, and her habit of dancing around the bar and flashing to her favorite song. Every teasing peek at her body, every laugh at some customer’s lousy joke, is certainly good for business—but it sends his jealousy meter into the red zone.

Sure, they’re dating, but he’s no muscled, tattooed stud with diamonds in his ears. How can he compete, especially when she refuses to even spend the night at his place?

Desperate, Ben books a room at his friend Paolo’s fantasy club, hoping an erotic night in front of a two-way mirror will get her exhibitionist streak out of her system. Praying it won’t prove his greatest fear—that she lives only to show off. And he’s not that special to her at all

And the seven sentences (unedited)from Flaunt It:

She wrapped her fingers around Paolo’s bicep. “But he certainly never told me you would have the bluest eyes I’ve ever seen.”

Ben followed them down the hallway, rolling his plain old brown eyes at the nonsense coming out of her mouth. He’d never been the charming type. In his line of work he might have been practiced at small talk, but sweet talk had never been his thing. He’d never thought Piper needed sweet talk. Maybe he was wrong about that too.


Flaunt It will be the first of 4 stories in the Paolo's Playhouse series coming soon from Samhain.

Natasha
www.natashamoore.com

4 comments:

Miranda Baker said...

I love jealousy. In a book, that is. Can't wait for Flaunt It!

Natasha Moore said...

Thanks, Miranda!

Carly Carson said...

She sound like a fun heroine. I love to see heroines leading the hero around by his libido. Ha

Natasha Moore said...

Thanks, Carly. Piper was a fun character to write.