I'm a rational person most of the time. Well, at least twenty-one days out of the month. :) However, there are just some things in life that are simply magical, and no matter how hard you try, they still defy human attempts to explain their allure.
In honor of this week's theme, I've made a list of stuff, for lack of a better word, I find magical that I'd like to share. I haven't put the items on the list in any particular order of importance. I just sat down on my front porch swing and started typing a list while listening to my wind chimes. Here it is...
1. Wind chimes--I love the sound of these tinkling voices of the air currents. They're soothing and cheerful, and their calming presence always grounds me.
2. Illusionists--Oh, the irony. Magicians aren't called magicians much anymore because by now everyone knows they don't possess any magic powers at all, just the knowledge and skills to perform sleight of hand maneuvers to the Nth degree to the delight of their audiences. They're called illusionists, because that's more descriptive of what they do. Still, I find their ability to captive me with some of their illusions entertaining and fun and magical because I certainly can't do it.
3. Kissing--Of course! I've said this before, but I think it bears repeating. Kissing is an amazing activity because it can take so many forms and communicate so much or so little. While one's first kiss or her wedding kiss is often magical, any time Hubby pulls me in for a liplock, I feel that special sizzle.
4. Dancing--Whether slow or fast, ballroom or in a line, dancing is pure magic. Moving to the rhythm, becoming one with the music. Sharing that rhythm with other people. There's nothing like it!
5. Music--Music can heal. Music can send a message. Music brings people together in joyous celebration or at a time of sorrow. It's there when we're happy or sad and doesn't judge us or ask for anything in return except that we listen to it and enjoy the harmony and melody.
6. Critters--Dogs, cats, horses, etc. Unconditional trust and unconditional love, the elements of great friendship, are two of the most magical energies enjoyed by living creatures. We often share these with other animals who accept us as we are and seek only to be a part of our world. How these connections happen is a mystery, and when a rapport does form, it's pure magic.
7. The Look--You know what I'm talking about. The Look. The way a man takes you in with his eyes that let's you know he wants to get to know you. There's nothing like The Look to make a girl feel special, and it can turn a bad evening into a great one in an instant.
8. Peace and Contentment--There's a moment, usually in the middle of the night, when you wake up and realize everyone and everything you love is in its rightful place, either snoozing away soundly or counting down on a timer to brew your morning cup of coffee. That moment when all is right with the world is quietly magical and one hit of it can keep me going for days.
9. Celestial Bodies, a.k.a. the Sun and Moon and Stars--Yeah, I know these can all be defined and explained through science, but I don't care. They have always been and will always be the inspiration for many of man's more imaginative musings, and the fact that people see them for years, day after day and night after night, and still find them captivating means I can put my stamp of approval on them without a doubt. Magical!
10. A Loving Touch--Like #5 and #9, a loving touch can heal or inspire, but mostly it makes us feel connected. Anything that can connect two or more people with all our differences and dislikes is magical...and sometimes a miracle. lol
I have more items to list, but I'd like to see some of your ideas. Please share. It's magical!