A Picture--Worth A Thousand Words? Or more???
When I was writing my ghost western time travel, I was looking for western pictures to inspire me. Great picture, don't you think?

What does it make you think of? I wonder what he's thinking about? Is he just off a cattle drive? Does he need a back scrub? :)

And this guy?
A Selkie? Caught changing into his human form? Does he need help getting cleaned up??? See where my mind is this morning!

Well, visual stimulation does help me write some of my scenes, from pictures of scenery to get the vegetation right, to photos of people to give me an idea how to describe new characters in the story.

What about you? Do you find pictures stir your imagination?



Terry Spear
Heart of the Wolf
http://www.terryspear.com/

4 Responses
  1. ShawnaMoore Says:

    Terry, your post immediately caught my attention ;) I'm a very visual woman. Especially loved the cowboy. Small wonder that water isn't boiling over the washtub's edge :) Pictures definitely stir my imagination. A pictures stirs far more than a 1000 words in my mind :)

    Happy weekend wishes,

    Shawna


  2. kim h Says:

    hot yes pics are great .


  3. I would love to help him wash that mud off!!! :-)


  4. Eliza Knight Says:

    Hi Terry! I was thinking the same things...Yummy! Pictures definitely help to stimulate the mind...among other things, hehehe


  • Defended by a Highland Renegade

    Defended by a Highland Renegade
    Vonda Sinclair, 12/1/16

    In the Court of Love and Loss

    In the Court of Love and Loss
    Jenna Ives 11/15/16

    A Very Jaguar Christmas

    A Very Jaguar Christmas
    Terry Spear 10/4/16

    Choose Me

    Choose Me
    Natasha Moore 9/24/16

    Taken by a Navy SEAL

    Taken by a Navy SEAL
    Carly Carson 9/5/2016

    Alpha Wolf Need Not Apply

    Alpha Wolf Need Not Apply
    Terry Spear 5/3/16

    Conqueror Vanquished

    Conqueror Vanquished
    Leigh Court, 4/26/16

    The Viking's Highland Lass

    The Viking's Highland Lass
    Terry Spear 4/4/16

    SEAL Wolf In Too Deep

    SEAL Wolf In Too Deep
    Terry Spear 2/2/16

    Covert Cougar Christmas

    Covert Cougar Christmas
    Terry Spear 12/18/15

    Her Royal Mistake

    Her Royal Mistake
    Natasha Moore 8/20/15

    Her Royal Rendezvous

    Her Royal Rendezvous
    Natasha Moore, 10/5/14

    The Cottage Next Door

    The Cottage Next Door
    Natasha Moore, 9/16/14

    Playing For Real

    Playing For Real
    Natasha Moore, 2/4/14