Nature Photos & Motivational Quotes

Since Earth Day was last week and Arbor Day is Friday, I thought I'd share some nature photos I took recently at home and on a hiking trip. I'm posting them along with some inspiring and motivational quotes.

"When you chase a dream the universe conspires to help you get it." ~author unknown


"Why fit in, when you were born to stand out?"Author Unknown

It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e.e.cummings.


"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

***

The below photos are from my hiking trip in the NC mountains and include wildflowers.

"The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground." ~Author Unknown


"You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have." ~Maya Angelou



"Awaken your dreams... now." ~Author Unknown



"The whole difference between construction and creation is exactly this: that a thing constructed can only be loved after it is constructed; but a thing created is loved before it exists." -- Charles Dickens Source: Gilbert Keith Chesterton in Pickwick Papers



"Greatness comes not when things always go good for you, but the greatness comes when you are really tested, when you take some knocks, some disappointments, when sadness comes. Because only if you have been in the deepest valleys can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain." Author Unknown

***
Thanks for checking out my pics!
Vonda

15 comments:

Lori Brighton said...

Wow! what beautiful pictures and inspirational quotes! I love hiking, there is nothing better than being in nature. Thanks for sharing!

Beppie Harrison said...

Beautiful words, wonderful pictures. Loved the combination!

Vonda Sinclair said...

Lori, thanks! So glad you liked them! I agree. Hiking and viewing beautiful scenery is one of my favorite things to do.

Beppie, thanks! I'm a fan of wise quotes and tend to collect them. :)

Carly Carson said...

Nice pictures. I also love quotes.

Pat McDermott said...

Your post brightened my day, Vonda. Such gorgeous pictures, and I loved the quotes. I felt like I had a whole team of cheerleaders rooting for me! Thanks so much for sharing.

Randy said...

As usual, you take the most beautiful photos, Vonda. 'Course it helps that you live in such a gorgeous part of the planet, I guess. :)

Vonda Sinclair said...

Carly, thanks! I love the way quotes can make us realize something profound in so short a sentence.

Pat, thanks! LOL about the cheerleaders. :) I'm glad you enjoyed them!

Vonda Sinclair said...

Randy, thanks! I do live in a lovely area and try to take advantage of it. Plus I'm an addicted shutterbug. :)

Carol Burnside aka Annie Rayburn said...

Wow! So gorgeous. Great job!

Vonda Sinclair said...

Thanks, Carol!!

Liz Falkner said...

Lovely!! You're quite the photographer. Like the Annie Leibovitz of nature. :)

Vonda Sinclair said...

Wow thanks, Liz!! That's a major compliment! :)

Cameo Brown said...

Gorgeous, wonderful post! Made me smile. :)

Paisley Kirkpatrick said...

Vonda, these photos are gorgeous. You are truly talented as a photographer. Thanks for sharing them and the quotations!

Vonda Sinclair said...

Thanks, Cameo! I'm happy that you enjoyed it!

Paisley, thanks! I'm glad you like my photos! I have a blast taking them.