Interview with Scarlett Jameson

Today I’m interviewing debut romance author, Scarlett Jameson. Her book Stellar Heat is a futuristic erotic romance and was released on April 23, 2010.

BOOK BLURB
Jak of House Midori, has found his heart mate, that one person he can connect with on a soul level. Only problem is, as a twin from the planet Zaphron, Jak must share his mate with his brother. But Qwin wants to wait until they are more established in their careers as Star Flight officers.

Petty Officer, Lily Buchanan has whiplash from trying to figure out Jak's intentions. At the pub he's charming and flirtatious, but his aloof attitude on campus leaves her confused--and burning up with sexual energy.

When the three are assigned to repair a satellite in the Helix Galaxy, they are attacked by enemy star fighters. Seriously outgunned and with their craft crippled, the three are stranded alone on an uncharted planet. Will Qwin agree to ease the mating fever consuming Lily, or will Jak be forced to initiate the mate-claim and exclude his brother from their union forever?

1. Please tell our readers a little bit about your book.

Stellar Heat features two heroes, twins from the planet, Zaphronite. As twins, they must share a mate. One twin, Qwin, wants to wait to claim her. The other, Jak, thinks his brother is being stubborn. Their mate, Lily, forces a decision when she goes into mating fever. Oh, and there are star fights and the discovery of a new planet thrown in for good measure.

You can find an excerpt on my website, www.scarlettjameson.com

2. That's a great set-up for a menage, Scarlett. Describe the genre of this particular title, and is this the only genre you write in?

This is a futuristic erotic romance, and actually the first that I’ve ever written. It was a lot of fun to write this story and build this world, though. I’ve got another idea for a story set in this same world.

Normally, I write urban fantasy, and I just sold a romantic suspense novella to The Wild Rose Press for their Jewels of the Night series. I write these under my other pen name, Riley Quinn.

3. When did you start writing toward publication?

I began to write seriously in March of 2008. I had attended a writer’s workshop given by M.R. Sellars, an urban fantasy author that I’ve followed since his first release. That workshop inspired me. I decided that night to go for it and I haven’t looked back.

4. Why have you become a published author?

I have to write. There’s too much going on inside my head to not write. I love to read. I’ve always enjoyed escaping into a book since my mom bought me my first Nancy Drew book. Publication seems a natural extension of both of these loves.

5. Having achieved your goal to be a published author, what is the most rewarding thing?

For me personally, I set a goal and achieved it. I kept pressing on even when it got rough. The fact that I can provide some entertainment to someone else as a result is a bonus.

6. Tell us about yourself.

I live in Bavaria, Germany. We moved here from the central Texas area in January of 2009. I live here with my husband and my crazy dog, Peanut. I’m currently finishing up my degree in social science. After this semester, I have one more class to go. Here in Germany, my only options for work is on the military base so it’s slim pickings. I work part time at the craft shop, where I can indulge my crafty side. I mainly crochet and quilt, though I have been known to try other things, too.

7. Will you share some encouraging words for authors still struggling for that first contract?


Keep on keeping on. It’s easy to get discouraged because this is a tough business, but perseverance pays off. Also, keep learning. Find a couple of great critique partners and listen to what they have to say.

8. Are you a member of any writing organizations and, if so, have they helped?

I’m a member of RWA National and 3 chapters within RWA. I’m also a member of Romance Divas and Savvy Authors. I can’t say enough good things about all of these groups. It’s not just the technical help that they provide, which is awesome, but the emotional support is rock solid. I’ve met a couple of my critique partners among these writers and made some great friends.

9. What are you working on next?

I’m finishing up the first draft of my novel-length urban fantasy, Out of the Shadows. I plan to have it polished and shined so that I can pitch it to an agent at this year’s RWA National convention. It’s the first in a series of five books.

10. How can my readers buy your book?

The easiest way to buy Stellar Heat is to go to The Wild Rose Press website at http://thewildrosepress.com/wilderroses/index.php


Scarlett is choosing one commenter to receive a copy of this book, so please drop us a line.

Thanks!

10 comments:

s7anna said...

Congratulations on your new release Scarlett!

I absolutely adore sci-fi/futuristic romances and menage stories so this book is right up my alley. I'm really looking forward to checking out your work.

hugs,
Anna
s7anna@yahoo.ca

Sherry said...

Congratulations on your new release. It sounds like a great book I love these kind of stories and I can't wait to read it.

sstrode@scrtc.com

Nicole North said...

Welcome to FR, Scarlett! Great to see you here! Congratulations on your book release! I was thrilled to hear you'd sold!

Darla M Sands said...

This sounds great! I look forward to seeing you around on Romance Divas and Savvy Authors, dear. Thank you for the inspiration. Congratulations!

Riley Quinn said...

Thanks everyone. I've never really read many futuristic stories myself but this one was fun. After my experience writing it, I've definitely checked more out. Hope you enjoy it.

I have to say that I have Nicole to thank for the sexy scenes. Her classes are awesome and I've taken them all. She gives great feedback.

Riley Quinn said...

Oops. If you didn't know already, Riley Quinn is my other pen name. ;)

Maree Anderson said...

Stellar Heat sounds awesome, Scarlett! I looove the title and I'm a fan of futuristics.

I wish you the best of luck with pitching your urban fantasy at RWA -- fingers crossed for you!

Nicole North said...

Thanks so much, Riley!! I'm thrilled you found my classes helpful! :)

Carly Carson said...

Thank you all for stopping by. I had my dd choose a winner tonight, and the winner is...Darla Sands. Congratulations.

Darla, I'll pass your name on to Scarlett (but it's the middle of the night now in Europe so tomorrow).

misskallie2000 said...

Scarlett, Congratulations on your newest release. I loved your interview. I like to learn little things about an author.
I have not read any of your books but have added you as new author and your book on my wish list. I do love to read futuristic romance and would love to read your book.
Thanks for stoping by to chat.

misskallie2000 at yahoo dot com