Strong Heroines & A Wonderful Review!

I was thrilled to receive this five star review (below) for My Fierce Highlander at Amazon from a Coffee Beans and Love Scenes reviewer. It caused me to start thinking about heroines in historical romance. We see all types from innocent, spoiled girls straight from the classroom, to seemingly mature women even though they may not be very old. Regardless of their age, I prefer to write heroines who are strong, intelligent survivors. They have been shaped by the hardships in their pasts. Maybe they've experienced something difficult or painful and lived to not only overcome it but to also grow and become even more resilient. Alasdair thinks of Gwyneth as a willow tree, strong but flexible. He admires this about her, as well as many other things. Despite her strength and the ability to take care of herself, he hopes she will trust him enough to rely on him at times.
---

Reviewed at: CBLS Reviews
Reviewed by: Toni

What a refreshing change from the norm!

Gwyneth Carswell is one of the most independent historical women I have ever read about. She was fierce in her own right. Due to an unfortunate scandal, she is sent to the Scotland Highlands by her father. She was born and breed as a lady, but she blossomed into an amazing strong, protective and productive woman. Gwyneth takes her responsibility as a mother seriously and refuses to become a dithering love struck lass. She is a modern woman in 1618, a true gem.

Laird Alasdair MacGrath is pure heaven. When I sit back and fantasize what MY highlander looks like, I see Alasdair. Dark haired, tall and a body built from battle. That's not all though, he is confident, smart, witty, charming, protective, kind and extremely passionate. He is a dream come true, but an unrealistic dream that Gwyneth believes she can never have.

My Fierce Highlander is a story that grabs you and won't let go. It draws you in, pulling you up a hill of sexual tension and building suspense, then cresting the peak for a beautiful descent into the world of love and passion.

Gwyneth and Alasdair is a perfectly matched couple. The couple's troubles, obstacles and victories all seemed real and ideal. Ms. Sinclair did a fabulous job writing a well balanced and enjoyable book. The story had just enough descriptions of the land and its people to enhance the story without bogging down the storyline. The action was intense and the love scenes were sultry.

The other characters truly enhanced the enjoyment of the story. Rory, Gwyneth's son, was adorable and such a wonderful addition to the story. He kept the plot grounded and real. I absolutely adored Alasdair's brother, Lachlan. He kept me chuckling and shaking my head at him throughout the book. He is a perfect scoundrel. He will be a great story to read about in the next book. I can't wait.

This is superb historical romance that will keep you up late and engaged. My Fierce Highlander will be a keeper on my shelf.
---
My Fierce Highlander is available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and other online booksellers.
Thanks!!
Vonda
www.vondasinclair.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Such a great review. Congratulations!

I can't wait to read this

=)

Vonda Sinclair said...

Wow thanks Casey!!!! :)

Alexander said...

Great review! I`m reading this for sure!

Vonda Sinclair said...

Thanks so much, Alexander!! I hope you enjoy it!!