Never more than when springtime is first stirring do my thoughts turn toward warmer weather pursuits and ways to have fun in the great outdoors. Gardens are abloom. The lush carpet of a lawn cradles my feet, but the naughty blades of grass sometimes tickle my toes and make me laugh as I travel from frontyard to backyard. Buds appear on the trees. Birds begin their seasonal chorus. Spring onions poke through soil dampened from a passing shower.
Whether indoor or outdoors, I celebrate life and do my best to accept its harsh realities knowing full well I've happened upon ways to recharge my creativity and rejuvenate my body and mind.
While some of these favorite energy and mood boosters are tailor-made for spring, some of them are savored the whole year 'round:
1. Embracing the man I love while the sun shines down upon us.
2. A latte, espresso or mocha sipped while sitting at an outdoor cafe.
3. Visits to the local ice cream shop to indulge in a hot fudge brownie sundae. Many of my hometown's residents eagerly await the seasonal opening of this favorite spot.
4. Nature walks.
5. Weekend mountain retreats.
6. Fishing at the lake.
7. Reclining in my favorite patio lounger while reading a good book.
8. Attending Major League and local baseball games.
9. Taking long walks around the neighborhood.
10. Making sun tea, especially when it's flavored with fresh mint from my garden.
11. Grilling and chilling
Wishing you all many happy reading moments,
TO HELLE AND BACK AGAIN -- Ellora's Cave
TORMENTED (Recommended Read)-- Ellora's Cave
ROUGHRIDER -- Ellora's Cave
HELLE IN HEELS -- Ellora's Cave