Blach!! It's Cold!

First off, I wanted to say I received a released date for Defying Convention. July 11, 2011! It’s a long wait, but it will be so worth it once it comes out.

Now onto a bit of a weather rant. The last year of weather has been completely jacked up. I live in the south. We rarely see snow and though the summers are hot it’s usually bearable. Last winter started the craziest weather we’ve had in years. Temperatures plummeted into the 30’s in October and pretty much stayed that way until March. Now I know you Northerners are rolling you eyes at this, but we Southerners are not used to this kind of thing. We’re not equipped. For us, lower 50’s is freezing. Anything below and you might as well just send us to the Arctic. We had more snow and ice in those five months than I had seen since I was a kid. Then we moved on to summer (yeah, we didn’t have a spring at all). Oh. My. God. Was this summer HOT. Miserable. Humidity was out the roof and we hovered around 100 for months, even making into the triple digits on more than one occasion.

So now we are back to November. Temperatures went from lower 90’s during the day and 60’s at night to 50’s during the day and 20’s at night. Just like that. Snap of the finger.

I don’t like it.

Because of our weather (and lack of rain) our normally beautiful fall foliage has been complete crap. They went from green to dull yellow and brown in the span of a week. Where are my oranges and reds? Where is my roads lined with multi-colored trees?



I feel doomed for this winter again. Being someone who went almost seven years without seeing a flake of snow, I’d be perfectly content if it went back to that. Though, for my kid’s sake, I wouldn’t mind one small snow. One that would get them out of school for ONE day and the snow is GONE the next.

So how are you feeling about your seasons right now?
Esme
www.esmereldabishop.com

2 comments:

Sondrae Bennett said...

I live in New York so I expect cold. But the problem here is that it's so inconsistant. It goes from cold to warm and back again without any warning. I never know whether I need my winter coat or just a sweater.

Amy DeTrempe said...

I think it has just been a wierd year for everyone. I am in Illinois and it was at least 70 today on November 10th - huh??? Not that I am complaining but I think we did break a record. This weekend it is supposed to get a little more normal with rain and 40s. I just wish we would have switched Saturday and Today's weather. That would have been nice.