Sexy Songs

I guess the topic is sexy instead of romantic here at Fierce Sex, I mean Fierce Romance this week. So I started thinking about what makes me feel sexy, and I have to go back to music. I love music, all types. It’s what keeps me going on my power walks. I have it on in the car—loud—and sing along. I listen to it when I clean my house. I even dance to it...all by myself in the living room. For me music can be mood-changing. It cheers me up when I’m feeling crappy. It can definitely enhance a romantic situation, and some songs are just plain sexy!

My first sexy song is “Gett Off” by Prince, who epitomizes sex (even though he’s about 5’ 2” and wears heels). The beat just thumps sex. I...ahem...danced to this song for my husband’s birthday one year. My husband was in bed and I started my dance by kicking open the bedroom door with my black stiletto...

"How can I put this in a way so as not to offend or unnerve?
There's a rumor goin' all around that u ain't been gettin' served
They say that u ain't you-know-what
In baby who knows how long
It's hard 4 me 2 say what's right
When all I wanna do is wrong
Gett off - 23 positions in a 1 night stand
Gett off - I'll only call u after if u say I can
Gett off - let a woman be a woman and a man be a man
Gett off - if u want 2 baby here I am"





My next sexy song is pretty mild compared to Prince, but “Stir It Up” by Bob Marley (later sung by Johnny Nash a little more cheerfully) is more subtle in its sexiness. A reggae beat is always sexy to me, and these lyrics are sly and hot!

“I’ll push the wood,
Then I blaze ya fire;
Then I’ll satisfy your heart’s desire.
Said I stir it every, every minute
All you got to do, girl
Is keep it in...”




I loved Marvin Gaye, and he wrote the book on sexy with “Sexual Healing.” One time I was at a bar and the band was playing this song. The singer was incredibly hot and when he sang this song it was like he was singing it to me since I was flirting with him outrageously (uh, that was when I was in my 20’s and unmarried).

“Come take control, just grab a hold
Of my body and mind soon we'll be making it
Honey, oh we're feeling fine
You're my medicine open up and let me in
Darling, you're so great
I can't wait for you to operate
I can't wait for you to operate
When I get this feeling,
I need Sexual Healing...”




It seems today songs are more out there in your face with the sex. Phrases like Bob Marley’s “I’ll push the wood, then I blaze ya fire” would be way too subtle for what’s out there today. Some of the lyrics of today’s “sexy” songs are yucky, but I have to admit some are pretty hot in a raw, sexy way. One I like is 50 Cent’s (is that even how you SPELL his name?) “Just a Lil' Bit.” The beat of this song is really sensuous too, and the way he kind of growls the last line of these lyrics and then gives a little chuckle at the end—damn! (I've included the "clean" version of the video.)

“Baby, you got me feelin’ right
My momma gone, you can spend the night
I ain’t playin’, I’m tryin’ to XXX tonight
Clothes off, face down, ass up, c’mon”




Whew – we’ve come a long way from when the Ed Sullivan Show made the Rolling Stones sing “Let’s spend ‘some time’ together” instead of “Let’s spend ‘the night’ together,” and the camera stayed firmly focused on Elvis's upper body.

Are there any songs that you find almost too hot to handle?

10 comments:

Carly Carson said...

"You Can Keep Your Hat on" - Joe Cocker version. It's featured in some movie whose name escapes me (9 1/2 Weeks?). A classic.

Carol Ericson said...

Carly, that's a great song even though 9 1/2 weeks wasn't the best movie. Someone else dances to that song in another movie which escapes me right now.

Abby Niles said...

The first thing I thought about when I read this is Sexy Back by Justin Timberlake. Not just because of the song.

Imagine this.

You're in your workout class, the tricep track is next and you take postion on all fours to do kickbacks to:
Dirty babe
You see these shackles
Baby I'm your slave
I'll let you whip me if I misbehave
It's just that no one makes me feel this way

I almost giggle everytime we do that release. LOL
Esme

Carol Ericson said...

Esme, I thought of that song too, but I'm not a big Justin Timberlake fan (he still looks like a little boy to me). But, whew, those lyrics...

Amber Leigh Williams said...

John Mayer's little-known "Covered in Rain" performed live. Listened to all eight minutes of it - and replayed the guitar riff over and over - every day after school. Obsession? Yep, that was me :)

Nicole North said...

Cool post! I can't think of a song at the moment that's too hot to handle. I do find that my mood determines what music I like or want to listen to at that moment. I tend to like rock music and some of it's sexy.

Carol Ericson said...

Amber, never heard of that song, but John Mayer sure gets around, so a sexy song from him wouldn't surprise me!

Nicole, yes, probably most sexy songs come from rock or R&B, but Brooks and Dunn's "Play Something Country" is pretty sexy. "She blew through the door like TNT, put her hand on her hip, pointed her finger at me. Said I'm a whiskey-drinking, cowboy-chasing helluva time. I like Kenny, Keith, Alan, and Patsy Cline. I'm a full-grown queen bee lookin' for honey. Owwww, play something country." LOL

Sandy said...

I always thought Shania Twain had some great sexy songs, and of course she was sexy in that commercial with the top hat and black hose and stiletos on those long legs.

Carol Ericson said...

Sandy, Shania is sexy - "feel like a woman."

Donna Marie Rogers said...

All Right Now by Free has always been one of my fave sexy songs. Also, Shook Me All Night Long by AC/DC, Rock 'N Me by the Steve Miller Band, All Night Long by Rainbow, Feel Like Makin' Love by Bad Company, Slow 'N Easy by Whitesnake. *grin*

What can I say, I love old school classic & hard rock. LOL