So how do you escape its gnarly hold on your mind and get back to the business of creating?
A few of the ways I battle the Bummer (my name for writer's block and a product of living in a beach town) are:
- Attend an RWA chapter meeting and feed off the energy of a roomful of writers
- List your goals, starting with itty bitty ones like writing a dialogue or doing a character sketch
- Give yourself a reward for meeting a goal at the end of the day or week (and it doesn't have to be huge or expensive)
- Read a good book, preferably a Romance!
- Chat with other writers via blogs, online groups, email or even in person
I could go on and on, but enough about me, what are some of the ways you get inspired and refill the well?