Leigh Court wants us to meet The Disciplinarian


Hi, everyone, today I'm interviewing Red Sage author Leigh Court. I'm excited that Leigh and I will both have stories in Secrets Volume 27 anthology next year! I'm honored to be in such great company with her and two other authors. Leigh has another story in a Secrets anthology and we'll find out all about that hot story today.

Author Leigh Court lives in Southern California with her husband. She's been writing since age eleven, starting with wild adventure stories for her elementary school newsletter, growing up to be a television news journalist whose assignments took her on real life adventures. After traveling most of the world, she segued into the more normal job of public relations, but she's never stopped writing. Having seen what she has of life's struggles, Leigh now writes romantic fiction because she wants her readers to be able to escape into a story guaranteed to have a happy ending!

Nicole North: Welcome, Leigh! Please tell us about The Disciplinarian in Secrets Volume 15.

Leigh Court: Trapped in a loveless marriage of convenience in Victorian England, headstrong Clarissa Babcock is sent to the shadowy legend known as The Disciplinarian for instruction in proper wifely obedience. But one look at the dark and dangerously handsome Disciplinarian has her fantasizing about what it would be like to be at the mercy of his sexual tutelage. As The Disciplinarian, Jared Ashworth has never failed to transform a difficult wife into a dutiful spouse, but not exactly in the way their husbands expect. He uses the tools of seduction to show Clarissa how to control a demanding husband, but her beauty, spirit, and uninhibited passion make Jared hunger to keep her -- and their darkly erotic nights -- all for himself!

Nicole: Oohh! Sounds delicious. I have this book on my TBR stack and it just moved to the top. Do you have a review or two you could share with us? What about awards?

Leigh: THE DISCIPLINARIAN won the More Than Magic Contest in the erotica category, and has gotten wonderful reviews, including these:

"THE DISCIPLINARIAN is a historical journey that will leave readers breathless... Hot is not the word for the love scenes in this story, inferno is a better one...!" -- Romance Junkies

"...if this is discipline, I want what Clarissa Babcock is having!" -- Romance Reviews Today

"This was one of the most unique twists on a historical romance that I have ever read..." -- Fallen Angel

"Beautifully written...so sensual... This is truly one of my favorite erotic stories ever." -- Romance Divas

Nicole: Wow, very inpressive reviews! And congratulations on the award! Please tell us about your favorite character in this book and why is he/she your favorite?

Leigh: As the author, I love both my hero and heroine, but I adore Jared Ashworth because he's such an honorable man.

Nicole: I can't wait to get to know him better. ;-) Where do you find inspiration?

Leigh: Writers always find inspiration in the "what if" question, but sometimes an idea, a time period, or an exotic setting will inspire a story.

Nicole: What do you feel is the most important element of an erotic romance which makes it memorable?

Leigh: The emotional commitment between characters. I believe an erotic romance would still be a satisfying love story even if you took away the sex.

Nicole: I agree completely! Do you have any advice for those who are still unpublished?

Leigh: Keep writing! Even once you're published there are still rejections in the mailbox, so the only difference between a published author and an unpublished writer is one word from an editor: Yes.

Nicole: What's next for you?

Leigh: My sexy Victorian romance, called THE BET, will be in Secrets, Volume 27, coming out in July 2009! Here's a blurb:

I can make a woman come using just my words…
That outrageous claim by a very drunk Damian Hunt, Viscount Atherton, somehow escalates into a high stakes wager between two best friends. Damian bets his prized racehorse that he can do it… George Beringer gambles his London townhouse that Damian can’t.
And the surprising woman George chooses for the bet is not only a virgin, she’s also George’s very respectable sister, Claire. And to complicate matters even more, once Damian lays eyes on her, the stakes escalate in the most unpredictable way…

Nicole: Yum! I can't wait to read this one! Would you like to ask blog readers a question?

Leigh: If you could have any male celebrity star in your erotic romance, who would it be and why?
Nicole: Very intriguing question. I already know what one of my answers would be. :-) Thanks for being a guest here, Leigh! Everyone, please visit Leigh Court's website where you will find an excerpt.

Or click here to read more about the book and the other stories in it on Amazon.

19 comments:

Corrina Cowan said...

Trying this again, sorry if it posts twice, but I got an error the first time.

Great interview and hubba-hubba, those sound like two super-hot reads!

Corrina

Liane Gentry Skye said...

I can't wait to read these novellas. :) Awesome interview.

Shannon Robinson said...

Wonderful interview ladies! And I can't wait to pick up my copies of these two Secret Anthologies - your stories sound absolutely splendid Leigh!
Shannon Robinson

Pat McDermott said...

You have a pair of intriguing sizzlers here, Leigh. Best of luck with them. Great interview, Nicole. Thanks, ladies.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, everyone! I had a fun time writing these sexy stories :)

But I'm dying to know -- which celebrity would you like to star in your own erotic romance?

Right now, I'm crushing on that sexy TV vampire Mick St. John, played by Alex O'Loughlin on the CBS "Moonlight" series. Anyone else drooling over him?

Leigh

The Girl You Used to Know said...

Matt Damon.

Mmmmmm.

Chloe Devlin said...

Geez, you coulda predicted what Mel would say. Now, if we could only get her to share.

I have too many that I drool over to pick just one.

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I haven't watched the show yet, Leigh, though I have the pilot on my iPod. He seems pretty yummy!

Right now it's a three-way tie for me: Jensen Ackles and/or Jared Padalecki from Supernatural (yes, I do mean and/or! LOL) or Brian Austin Green from The Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Saskia Walker said...

Joaquin Phoenix. :)

Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin said...

It's always Johnny Depp for me-dark, brooding bad boy. Although Clive Owen is rather nice, too. :)
I read The Disciplinarian when it came out, and I have to say, it's one of my favorite erotic stories ever-so gorgeously written!

Carol Ericson said...

Leigh, The Disciplinarian was yummy! Can't wait for The Bet.

Hmmm, I have to go with Viggo Mortenson. Always dug him, but after seeing Eastern Promises, I dig him even MORE of him. LOL

Evie Byrne said...

My crush du jour is Daniel Craig. Generally I prefer dark boys, like Eden, but Craig manages to be blond and dark at the same time.

I'm really looking forward to The Bet, Leigh!

Nicole North said...

Leigh, I love Mick St. John too. And lets not forget that other yummy vampire, Henry Fitzroy played by Kyle Schmid. Gerry Butler and Josh Holloway are two more stars who could inspire erotic stories for me. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I have to admit Clive Owen would do it for me, too :) I usually go for the dark, brooding, damaged hero. And we can't leave Hugh Jackman or Pierce Brosnan off any "gorgeous guy" list!

Eliza Knight said...

Okay I'm cliche and think that Brad Pitt is a total hottie, and I'm obsessed with Vin Diesil... I also love good 'ole Gerry and Patrick Dempsey, but as far as erotic, yup just Brad and Vin for me baby!

Your books sound fabulous and yummy!

Nita Wick said...

Great interview ladies. :)

I'm going with Gerard Butler on the celebrity thing. His accent alone gives him the edge. LOL

Andrea Snider said...

Great interview! book sounds sizzling hot!!! To answer the question, geesh, I have to pick just one- sigh* Ok,, would have to be Johnathan Rhys Myers of the Tudors!

Lucie Simone said...

My all time favorite celebrity is Johnny Depp. I've adored him for twenty years now! Second runner up is Jason Statham. I just love his rough and tumble attitude!

TJ Bennett said...

Viggo Mortensen (still). George Clooney (always). Gerard Butler (newly added). Sigh.

TJB