My First Romance

With the publication of Love Is...(the charity anthology which includes my story Her Royal Rendezvous) on Aug 5th, and The Cottage Next Door on Sept 16th, I just realized I will have 25 novels/novellas/short stories published! 25! Back in 2006, after writing and submitting for more years than I care to count, I despaired of ever being published. But in September of 2006, I got the e-mail that changed my life. Samhain Publishing wanted to publish my contemporary romance, The Ride of Her Life!

If there is a "book of the heart" this was the one for me. I learned so much going through the process of edits and covers and release days. It's still available in both print and download, so I thought I'd share the cover, blurb and an excerpt today.

The cover gods smiled on me. I'd been around long enough to know I was very lucky to get an awesome cover like this the first time out of the gate.


Blurb:

She’s in for the ride of her life.

After a devastating diagnosis, sensible Sarah Austin yearns to live life to the fullest. When she talks her former teenage crush into a cross-country ride on his Harley, she thinks it’s her one and only chance for adventure, including a fun fling with love ‘em and leave ‘em Bastian.

No longer a rebel, Dean Bastian is a counselor for troubled teens and ready to settle down. He doesn’t know why Sarah is so desperate for an adventure, but he’s willing to do anything to keep a smile on her face, even pretend to still be a bad boy.

Sarah doesn’t want to burden anyone with the future she faces, but can Dean convince her that the rest of her life can be an adventure…with him?


Excerpt:

He was out in the driveway, polishing the bike, when Sarah pulled up to the curb. At least, he thought it was Sarah. The woman who stepped out of the late-model Ford was petite, wearing faded blue jeans and a tight T-shirt that hugged her every curve. She pulled out a familiar saddlebag and slung it over her shoulder, then grabbed a pizza box out of the backseat. She nudged the door closed with her hip.

Dean couldn’t take his eyes off her, or her new short, spiky hairdo. She looked sexy as hell. He felt his body tighten as her hips swayed in the well-washed denim. Her white T-shirt stretched seductively across her breasts and his heart pounded at the sight. They were only talking about the trip and he already couldn’t control his response to her. They hadn’t even left the driveway yet. What would happen once they were on the road? He felt more than a little irritated that he was so out of control around her.

“What did you do to your hair?” he called out, a little harsher than necessary.

Her bright smile faltered and she lost the little rhythm she’d had in her step. Real smooth, Bastian. She continued up the walk at a slower pace and Dean met her halfway. He took the pizza box out of her hands but she didn’t meet his glance.

“I didn’t mean that how it sounded,” he told her. “You look great. In fact, I was blown away. You look so different.”

She shrugged her shoulders and finally looked at him. “I can’t fit a hairdryer in here,” she said, pulling the saddlebag off her shoulder. “The stylist said I just use a little gel and I’m ready to go.”

He’d always been one of those guys who loved women with long hair. Preferably flowing in a riot of curls down her back. But one look at Sarah and he was a changed man. The smooth pageboy she’d worn before had been plain and simple. But this flirty style brightened her eyes and flattered her tiny features. With a simple haircut, Sarah had been transformed from merely pretty to palm-tingling sexy.

He wanted to touch her again. Really touch her this time. Play with the fringe of hair around her face. Nibble on her pretty little ears. Kiss the bare nape of her neck. He grasped both ends of the pizza box. He was in big trouble.


If you like road trip romances, stories of good girls who want to be bad and the bad boys who want to be good, or simply an emotional contemporary romance, why not give The Ride of Her Life a try?

Natasha
Love Is... - coming Aug 5th
The Cottage Next Door - coming Sept 16th
Her Royal Masquerade - available now
Her Royal Bodyguard - available now
www.natashamoore.com


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great excerpt.

Hot Ash Romance Novels said...

Wow! I didn't realize I was published before you. Not much before--2004 with Liquid Silver Books.

I must have discovered you early. I think it was through Secrets.

In any case, it's been great watching your career take off and grow!

Natasha Moore said...

Thanks, Victoria.

Ash, I think the first book I read of yours was from EC. The hero's name was Randy, right? First time I really realized erotic romance could be funny too.

Ash said...

You're referring to Being Randy from EC. I love that one. It was so much fun to write, and Randy was so real to me. I'm delighted to have been the one to introduce you to erotic comedy!