HOLT Medallion merit award-winner

I am thrilled to announce that my futuristic erotic romance Programmed To Please was recently named a 2014 HOLT Medallion merit award-winner in the Erotic/Extra Spicy category. (HOLT is an acronym for Honoring Outstanding Literary Talent.)


I’m especially excited because the HOLT is chosen by readers rather than other writers or even booksellers or librarians. Judging panels are made up of avid romance fans who are looking for a good read, a book they would buy and an author they would follow. Their judging decisions reflect these inclinations. No editors, agents or writers are eligible to judge.

I'm happy, too, to see so many self-pubbed books among the winners.  This year, many of the winners in the twelve categories were self-published!

Programmed To Please is the first book in my Tau Cetus Chronicles. Here’s the blurb:

Very human Tau Cetus police agent Jai Turner is sent undercover as a Beautiful Dolls sex robot in order to bring down notorious arms dealer Marque Callex.  Reclusive Marque Callex only accepts an invitation for a free week with a sexbot because he can't risk letting a real woman into his dangerous life.  But neither Jai nor Marque are what they seem, and their week together has consequences… both personal and planet-wide… that neither expect.

Next up in the series is Programmed To Protect, which features Jai’s partner Leith Wyatt who actually does fall in love with a sex robot! Both books have been getting great reviews, and I’m currently working on the third book in the series.

Thanks for letting me share my happy news! For me, the psychic income that comes from having readers love your books is just as important as the monetary rewards of sales.  But here's a question:  if you're an author, are awards important validation of your talent?  If you're a reader, are you more inclined to read a book by a new author if it's an award-winner?

Let me know!
Jenna



13 comments:

Charlene Sands said...

Hi Jenna
CONGRATULATIONS of the award! That's an awesome accomplishment! And yes, it's great validation of your work and writing talent. You have engaged the readers and that's most important. Enjoy!!

Jenna Ives said...

Thanks, Charlene. Praise from readers is the best reward of writing :)

Jenna

Sam Beck said...

Congratulations Jenna! I do think awards are encouraging and validating, and you should be especially proud of the HOLT, because it is a reader-awarded honor.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your award, Jenna! I can't say that as a reader I search out books with these awards, but if I were to see it associated with a book, it would certainly encourage me to buy it!

Carly Carson said...

Congratulations on the award! It's definitely a validation of your talent.

Carly Carson said...

Congratulations on the award! It's definitely a validation of your talent.

Carly Carson said...

Congratulations on the award! It's definitely a validation of your talent.

Carly Carson said...

Congratulations on the award! It's definitely a validation of your talent.

Carly Carson said...

Congratulations on the award! It's definitely a validation of your talent.

Carly Carson said...

Sorry. Blogger is not my friend. I don't know why it printed out so many times.

Tanya Hanson said...

Congratulations, Jenna! What a thrill this is, knowing how much readers appreciate your talent.

Natasha Moore said...

Congrats on the award!! :)

Kate Willoughby said...

Congratulations!! Contest wins are validating, yes. However, as a reader, I'm always a little wary. My views of what is good and award judges views often don't mesh. I learned this when I was a kid choosing books.