One Month as a Full-Time Writer
My last day at the evil day job was January 11th. Since today is February 11th, I thought I'd sit back and see what I've accomplished in the first month of my second career.

I wrote a completely new erotic romance novella from start to finish and submitted it to my EC editor.

I finished and polished an erotic romance novel and submitted it to my Samhain editor.

I tweaked and polished a contemporary romance novel and submitted it to two new-to-me publishers.

I'm two chapters into the first book of what I hope will be a three book contemporary romance series.

Not too bad for 1 month.

BUT my hands hurt. My forearms hurt. My shoulders hurt.

I've realized I can't stay at the keyboard for hours on end. I need to take more breaks. I've ordered a new desk which will not only give me more space, but will have a large enough keyboard slide that the mouse won't have to be up on the desk top. I realized a big part of the problem is reaching for the mouse. I bought some hand therapy squeeze balls and am doing my stretches.

So I'm learning as I go. I was so afraid I wouldn't get anything accomplished that I overdid a little. I'm still thrilled at all I've gotten done in the past month. I just have to find a balance. I can do that.

And who knows what I'll be able to accomplish in the rest of 2013!

Have a great Monday.

Natasha
Silken Canvas - available now
www.natashamoore.com
11 Responses
  1. After reading that - I need to go have a nap.


  2. You go bad girl! Very productive but do take a lot of breaks or you'll find that more than just your keyboard slide has gotten wider. You may find you need a bigger chair! Congrats on getting all the new stories finished.


  3. Way to go Natasha! You accomplished a huge amount!


  4. LOL Victoria.

    Wild, forgot to mention I'm making time for exercise too. Not daily - I'm not that good, but I've lost about 5 pounds. I think that's mostly because I don't go out to eat lunch anymore. No soft drinks. Big difference!

    Thanks, Vonda. Now I wish this new book would cooperate!


  5. Alostpen9uin Says:

    Wow! Can't wait to read them but don't hurt yourself!


  6. Dalton Diaz Says:

    So...you didn't sleep that whole month? Hey, more books for us!


  7. Lost, it only took about 3 weeks for the aches & pains to make themselves known. I'm being more careful now.

    LOL, Dalton. If I didn't get sleep, it wasn't because I was writing. It was the night sweats that wake me up at 3am & then not able to get back to sleep...but that's another blog post.


  8. mirandabaker Says:

    Yoga. Seriously. Downward dog cures the hunch ache. It's wrist strengthening. Core muscles support everything. Yoga! Yoga! And...way to go-a, you!


  9. Actually did downward dog at Pilates last night, Miranda. Thanks for stopping by and recommending yoga.


  10. Ashlyn Chase Says:

    Oh, honey-bunny, you can't keep up that pace!

    I can sympathize with your trying, though. I tried that too, until I realized I was getting stoop shouldered and crippled by repetitive motion syndrome!

    Take breaks, yes, but don't forget there's life outside the writing cave. Balance is a good goal.


  11. Yeah, Ash. I finally figured that out. Balance. Balance. Balance. Thanks for stopping by!


  • Defended by a Highland Renegade

    Defended by a Highland Renegade
    Vonda Sinclair, 12/1/16

    In the Court of Love and Loss

    In the Court of Love and Loss
    Jenna Ives 11/15/16

    A Very Jaguar Christmas

    A Very Jaguar Christmas
    Terry Spear 10/4/16

    Choose Me

    Choose Me
    Natasha Moore 9/24/16

    Taken by a Navy SEAL

    Taken by a Navy SEAL
    Carly Carson 9/5/2016

    Alpha Wolf Need Not Apply

    Alpha Wolf Need Not Apply
    Terry Spear 5/3/16

    Conqueror Vanquished

    Conqueror Vanquished
    Leigh Court, 4/26/16

    The Viking's Highland Lass

    The Viking's Highland Lass
    Terry Spear 4/4/16

    SEAL Wolf In Too Deep

    SEAL Wolf In Too Deep
    Terry Spear 2/2/16

    Covert Cougar Christmas

    Covert Cougar Christmas
    Terry Spear 12/18/15

    Her Royal Mistake

    Her Royal Mistake
    Natasha Moore 8/20/15

    Her Royal Rendezvous

    Her Royal Rendezvous
    Natasha Moore, 10/5/14

    The Cottage Next Door

    The Cottage Next Door
    Natasha Moore, 9/16/14

    Playing For Real

    Playing For Real
    Natasha Moore, 2/4/14