Let's Talk Pizza

Pizza. Doesn't everyone love it? We probably eat a little more than our fair share in our household, especially since, with a full time job and a writing career, I don't have as much time as I'd like to cook meals. And the convenience of a pizza shop right around the corner can't be denied.

But really, isn't pizza one of those perfect foods?

Okay, so some of the typical pizza toppings, like pepperoni and sausage, aren't the healthiest. But there are so many choices of toppings these days, you can pretty much have any kind of pizza you want. You can put practically any veggie on a pizza. Fruit too. Thin crust. Thick crust. Cheese. Extra cheese. Coffee is probably the only other order that has as many options.

And actually pizza is easy to make at home too, so I don't always order out. (Although I will admit that when I walk in to pick up my order - I did mention the shop is about a two minute walk? - I don't even have to give my name. Can you tell I've been there a few times??) Sometimes when I make them at home, I'll even by the individual size crusts so that everyone can build their own pizzas.

So what's your favorite pizza? Our tastes are pretty varied in our household, but we all agree on Hawaiian pizza. There's something about the sweetness of the pineapple with the pizza sauce that's a treat for my taste buds.

How about you?

Natasha
FLAUNT IT - Coming Aug 30th
www.natashamoore.com

6 comments:

Miranda Baker said...

No pineapple pizza for me, thanks. Put the pineapple in my Thai curry with some potatoes and tomatoes and I'm happy. Pizza is savory all the way for me, and spinach pesto is my favorite!

Esmerelda said...

Ohh! I LOVE Pizza Huts thin and crispy supreme pizza with ranch. Gosh, I'm hungry just thinking about it! We also have an authentic Italian restaurant here that does a killer pizza. I get pepperoni and mushrooms on that one. Yum!

Cameo Brown said...

I LOVE PIZZA! I'm partial to almost any kind. Is there any such thing as bad pizza? Nope. Love this post and might have to get some pizza for dinner tonight. :)

Carly Carson said...

It's plain pizza for me. Sauce and cheese and I'm good. I like to make individual pizzas at home with a small whole wheat pita, some bottled tomato sauce and grated mozz. cheese. Yes, I am such a cook. lol

Natasha Moore said...

Hey Miranda, thanks for stopping by. You've probably tried lots of interesting pizza combinations.

Hi Esme. I haven't tried Pizza Hut in a long time. Might have to give that one a go.

Natasha Moore said...

Hey Cameo! Hope you enjoy your pizza :)

Hi Carly. Sometimes plain is good too. If I have it plain I like lots of cheese. Can't have too much cheese :)