Heroes by the Half Dozen

As you take a few extra breaths and settle in to a more leisurely pace now that Christmas is past, I have something for you to ponder. When I wasn’t baking, decorating or making holiday merry, I recently started plotting a new novel. While the story has taken pretty good shape to the halfway point, I’m still mulling the hero. Often during these times of contemplation, I head to the mall. No better way to observe patterns of speech, mannerisms, body language, etc. than getting up close with my research subject. Amazing how many times a polite conversation during rack browsing has provided great insight as to masculine moods and personality traits. But I’m refraining from this activity until the holiday crowds have markedly dwindled. Instead, I’m letting my imagination take flight. There have definitely been some delightful moments during my fantasy quest for the perfect fictional hero. The mind is a powerful tool, and I didn’t have to jockey for a parking space for my prototyping journey.

If you were writing a romance, which of the following men would you cast as your hero and why? I’ve chosen my favorite and will reveal his identity in next week’s blog post. Well, ladies? Which man wins your heroine’s hand and heart?



Myspace Comments


Myspace Comments


Myspace Comments


Myspace Comments


Myspace Comments


Myspace Comments



Wishing you all many happy reading moments,

Shawna Moore
TORMENTED -- Ellora's Cave (MUST-READ from Dark Angel Reviews)
ROUGHRIDER -- Ellora's Cave Exotika
HELLE IN HEELS -- Ellora's Cave Exotika

Shawna's Myspace
Helle's Myspace

12 comments:

Liane Gentry Skye said...

Can I just have one of each? :D What a way to start my day. Whew....it's hot out.

Elen Grey said...

Interesting post, Shawna. lolz

#2 - if I were writing the ripped boy-next-door

#3 - if I were writing a vampire or were-anything

#4 - if I were writing the bad boy...it's the scruffy face and tat

#5 - ain't gonna happen

#6 - sorry, he's not my hero

#1 - he could be my Morelli....possibly

Just for fun, I might switch 2 and 4 and see what happens.

Thanks for the Monday morning incentive to wake up. ;-)

ShawnaMoore said...

Hi, Liane!

I agree--one of each would be perfect :) Endless possibilities. Six days of the week covered :)
Since the weather is chilly in so many parts of the country, I'm always glad to add some steam heat :) Thanks for your comments!

Blessings and all the best,

Shawna

ShawnaMoore said...

Hi, Elen!

Glad to provide the wake-up call :) You've done a fantastic job sorting through the sexy possibilities. I'll enjoy reading all responses, and revealing the hunk who'll win the fictional heroine ;) It'll be fun seeing what blog readers find appealing and how their perceptions of a romance hero come into play.

Blessings and all the best,

Shawna

Mia Varano said...

I'll take #1 - he's naturally sexy. The others are a little too pumped up - although #2 is a cutie!

Nicole North said...

Shawna, Thanks for the eye candy! They're all hot, but my fav is #1. I also love 3 and 4.

ShawnaMoore said...

Hi, Mia!

Thanks for sharing your selection for hottie hero :) I'm continuing with the story plotting and having a blast!

Here's wishing you and yours a happy, healthy 2009 :)

Shawna

ShawnaMoore said...

Hi, Nicole!

Wouldn't it be interesting to know what's going on in the minds of those making the hero selection? :) How they're analyzing and reacting to the images? Probably my medical background urging me to investigate and heightening my desire to tap the roots of the selection process and what exactly attracts the viewer to the hunk :) We all could spend eternity discussing that topic LOL

Here's wishing you and yours a happy, healthy 2009!

Shawna

Lexi said...

Oh, they are all beautiful, but #1 is my pick!

Nicole North said...

Analyzing my choices... #1 appears to be Ryan Reynolds from Definitely Maybe, Amityville Horror, and Blade Trinity. He's hot! I'm a fan! ;-) #3 has a pose like the hunk on my first cover so I had to pick him too. hee #4 looks like a bad boy who would be interesting to read about/watch.

ShawnaMoore said...

Hi, Lexi!

Thanks for casting your hero vote :) Hunk #1 surely is popular and quite handsome :) As everyone has been posting, I've been prompted to make my overall pick and will follow this with reasons/romance scenarios for which I'd pick the remaining guys for fictional heroines.

Here's wishing you and yours good health and much happiness for 2009!

Shawna

ShawnaMoore said...

Hi, Nicole!

We must be on a similar wavelength tonight! I just mentioned picking my favorite and following that up with reasons/romance scenarios for which I'd choose the remaining hunks :) I agree with your identification of Hunk #1. How he steams up the blog page ;)

Many thanks for sharing your reasons for and thoughts regarding your hero choices :)

Here's wishing you and yours good health and much happiness for 2009!

Shawna -- who's staying home and celebrating NYE 2008 :)