Nita Wick tells us How Faerie Dust is Made


Today we have a wonderful guest here, my friend, Nita Wick, talking about her book, How Faerie Dust is Made... released today!

NN: Welcome, Nita! Thanks for being a guest at Fierce Romance! What a beautiful, creative cover. Please tell us about How Faerie Dust is Made.

Nita Wick: Hi, Nicole! Thank you so much for inviting me. How Faerie Dust is Made is part one of The Roscommon Faerie Tales. In the series, a colony of faeries lives among the lush green forests of Roscommon, Ireland near the Arigna Mountains. Their lives would be peaceful were it not for the humans who live in the area with them. The humans dislike faeries and their magic, and the two races are often at odds. But faerie or human, love makes no distinction. And both will soon find that love is the greatest magic of all.

In How Faerie Dust is Made, Conall may be human, but he is Aisling’s life mate. She’s certain of it. After all, a faerie knows these things. Can her magic end the feud between their families? And just how is faerie dust made?

NN: Sounds like a fun, entertaining, romantic story! Please tell us more about your faeries and their world.

NW: The faeries of Roscommon have the ability to be both human size and small. With their magic, they can take their smaller form which is about six inches high. In this form, they have wings. Their magic can be put to many uses such as helping plants to grow and healing arts. Some faeries are more powerful than others. And some even practice other, darker forms of magic like witchcraft. Just like humans, the faeries have their faults as well as virtues. Some of them are very nice people you’d love to befriend. A few you might want to avoid.

NN: They sound charming! What a unique world. Please tell us more about the hero, Conall.

NW: Oh, Conall is one handsome Irish man. He stands well over six feet, has auburn hair and blue green eyes, and that lilting Irish brogue that makes a woman’s heart flutter. If he weren’t so blasted opinionated and stubborn, he’d be almost perfect.

NN: He sounds yummy!! What inspired you to write this story?

NW: I’ve always been fascinated with stories of faeries. I suppose like all my stories this one began when I was daydreaming – again. I imagined a very handsome hero stumbling across a lovely, petite woman in the forest. I didn’t understand at first why he was so upset to discover that the woman was faerie. Turns out, the humans of Roscommon don’t much like faeries.

NN: Interesting! Which element of this story was hardest for you?

NW: I can’t say that any of it was really hard to write. I loved my characters and my imaginary world so much I didn’t want to leave it. So I didn’t. I’m about half finished with part two and I’ve begun an outline for part three.

NN: Wow that's super! I'm sure everyone will want to visit this world again and again. Do you have any advice for unpublished authors?

NW: Hang in there. Don’t give up. And write what you enjoy writing. Don’t force yourself to write what’s hot in the industry right now. By the time you get it written and submitted, the trends will have changed anyway. You can always tell when an author has put her heart and soul in a book. That’s the kind of book a reader remembers. That’s the one on their Keeper Shelf.

NN: Great advice!! Would you like to ask blog readers a question?

NW: Yes! Do you like faerie stories? Did you ever imagine yourself as a faerie princess?

Oh, and I’d also like to ask everyone to stop by my web site. I have several pages with more information about The Roscommon Faerie Tales. You can learn more about the characters, the setting, Irish Gods & Goddesses, and some Gaelic words used in the book.

I’ll be having a contest to celebrate the release. There will be a print copy of How Faerie Dust is Made as well as other prizes! Every member of my newsletter mailing list will automatically be entered to win! So sign up for my newsletter at www.nitawick.com! You’ll find more info about the contest on my site soon!
Available in ebook and print – http://www.thewildrosepress.com/
Direct link to purchase: How Faerie Dust is Made

12 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Nita,

Your book sounds fabulous! Congrats on the release! I'm going to read it this weekend :)

Eliza Knight

Nita Wick said...

Thank you, Eliza!

Anonymous said...

What a great interview, ladies! Nita's book sounds like one of those wonderful "escape to another place" stories. I'm planning to read it soon.
Pat Shagoury

Nita Wick said...

Thank you, Pat! You ladies are so sweet!

Gerri said...

I love faery stories, Nita! Can't wait to read yours! :D

Nita Wick said...

Thanks, Gerri!

Anonymous said...

Your story sounds like one that I would love to get caught up in. Again, congratulations.

Tamara

Nita Wick said...

Thanks, Tamara!

Carol Ericson said...

Nita, your story sounds charming. My favorite faerie is Tinkerbell from Peter Pan! Thanks for dropping by Fierce Romance!

Melissa Mayhue said...

Nita ~

I love Faeries...and I can completely understand how you could get caught up in their stories. I look forward to reading this one!

Best of luck with your Faerie World!

~ Melissa Mayhue

Nita Wick said...

Carol - I love Tinkerbell!

Melissa - Thanks for the good luck wishes. In this business, we need all the luck we can get. LOL