First Line Contest

I'm competing in Karin Tabke's First Line Contest on her blog here www.karintabke.com You should enter the site from the front and check out the hot guys and the music!! I LOVE her website design. What a sexy, suspenseful mood this creates. This contest is a brilliant idea and it's very generous of her to host it. The judges are an agent and an editor. Plus, this contest has caught the attention of several other agents and editors. I also have some writing friends competing as well, and I wish all of them good luck! My first line made the cut and advanced to the 2nd round which contains 65 entries. What was my first line?

"All men are lying, cheating sex-fiends," said an irate caller on the radio talk show.

:-) Do I really believe that? Nah, but the heroine of this story does.

You can read my second line on Karin's blog comments, #34. The results of this phase of the contest will be in next Monday.

4 comments:

Nita Wick said...

Great line. It's no wonder you made it through to the next round.

Congrats on making the cut and good luck in Round 2.

Vonda Sinclair said...

Thanks, Nita!!!
:-)

Carol Burnside aka Annie Rayburn said...

Good luck, Vonda! Hope you make it through to the finals.

Vonda Sinclair said...

Thanks, Carol!!! :-)