The Rolling Stones play Lucca, Italy

Readers of this blog know that I’m obsessed... er... that I’m a big fan, of the Rolling Stones. My parents took me to see a show when I was twelve years old (my very first rock & roll concert!) and since then I’ve seen them play many (many) times, and even traveled to other countries to see them perform.

Like last year, when I dragged my BFF Leigh Court to Argentina to see the Stones play Buenos Aires. (Leigh had discovered some long-lost relatives in Buenos Aires, so she was up for the adventure…)

Same thing happened a couple of weeks ago…  the Stones were playing in Lucca, Italy on September 23, so, since Leigh has relatives in Italy as well, it was time for another girls’ road trip!!

Our Alitalia flight to Italy
 The whole city of Lucca was in the grip of Stones fever, including the airport in Pisa when we landed. This was the first thing we saw…


There were Rolling Stones posters in every shop window and even in our hotel lobby...


And when we went out to dinner, this was on the restaurant’s blackboard (instead of the daily specials)…


I have to admit, it felt weird but strangely good to have found a town as obsessed with the Stones as I am, LOL! Even the drivers were obsessed…


Lucca is a medieval walled city, and the Stones played just outside the wall, in a spectacular setting. The of day of the show, the venue doors opened at 1pm for a 9pm concert, but fans were ready to go…



As darkness fell, the excitement built, and finally, the Stones hit the stage!



After an amazing night like that, I was more than happy to spend some time with Leigh’s relatives. Quid pro quo. I mean, nobody makes lasagna like Leigh’s aunt Francesca!!! 

Until next month,
Jenna



1 comment:

Carly Carson said...

Awesome! I don't think my parents were fans of rock n roll. :)