A New Book Contract!

There’s nothing more exciting for an author than to sign a new book contract. It’s always a thrill to find a publisher who loves your characters and story just as much as you do!

I’ve just signed a contract with LooseId for my sci-fi romance The Edge of Time, which is tentatively scheduled for release in November.

I’m about to start the editing process, which is always nerve-wracking for an author, especially when you’re working with a new editor you’ve never dealt with before. How many changes will she want? Will I be able to make them to her satisfaction? Does her vision for the story match my vision?

But I know how this process works. As much as I love the world and the characters I’ve created, an editor always seems to improve the story. Her feedback is valuable. An extra pair of eyes can sometimes see things an author can’t, and an editor’s insight often affords an opportunity to make the story even stronger.

So… game on! I’m ready to go.

The name of the book will likely change, too, and I’m okay with that, as long as I have some say in the final title. As I said, I’ve done this before.  

Every new book is a learning experience, a chance to improve my writing skills, an opportunity to reach new readers. A career in publishing can have its lows (rejections), but it can also have its highs. Like this one! Authors are in this for the long haul, and I’m looking forward to the next step in my journey.

Wish me luck!

Jenna



No comments: