Thanksgiving Creep
Is it me, or did the holiday season get here a little too quickly this year? Is anyone else feeling in a rush to get ready for Thanksgiving? I know that I am, and I don't even have that much to do.

We're going to my son's for the big feast day, and so all we have to do is bring some small token of appreciation, like cookies or something. So I'm planning to bake cookies and I realize suddenly that Thanksgiving is NEXT WEEK. How did that happen? I love the holidays, but seriously...did the earth start spinning faster or something? How did Thanksgiving creep up on me like this?

And what does that say about Christmas? Is it in, like, three days or something? Did we skip a month? Maybe two? Is it that time flies because I'm older? I remember when I was a kid that I would sit and wait for snow and the holidays and Christmas day and such. Now, I'm completely flummoxed by how quickly these big festivals arrive.

Still, I enjoy every minute of them. Even though I'm not prepared for the jubilation, I love the season of winter celebrations. The snow can be such a downer, so I'm happy to get a little festive respite from it.

How about you? Have the holidays crept up on you, too? Or were you fully prepared? Because if you were, I'd love to know your secret. Please do share!

1 Response
  1. Carly Carson Says:

    I think there are 5 weekends between Thanksgiving and Christmas this year. That might make it seem longer.


  • Stolen by a Highland Rogue

    Stolen by a Highland Rogue
    Vonda Sinclair 8/27/16

    Highlander Unbroken

    Highlander Unbroken
    Vonda Sinclair 5/10/16

    Alpha Wolf Need Not Apply

    Alpha Wolf Need Not Apply
    Terry Spear 5/3/16

    Conqueror Vanquished

    Conqueror Vanquished
    Leigh Court, 4/26/16

    Taken by a Navy SEAL

    Taken by a Navy SEAL
    Carly Carson 9/5/2016

    The Viking's Highland Lass

    The Viking's Highland Lass
    Terry Spear 4/4/16

    SEAL Wolf In Too Deep

    SEAL Wolf In Too Deep
    Terry Spear 2/2/16

    Programmed For Power

    Programmed For Power
    Jenna Ives, 10/25/15

    Taming the Wild Cougar

    Taming the Wild Cougar
    Terry Spear 10/20/15

    Her Royal Mistake

    Her Royal Mistake
    Natasha Moore 8/20/15

    SEAL Wolf Hunting

    SEAL Wolf Hunting
    Terry Spear 7/7/15

    Her Royal Rendezvous

    Her Royal Rendezvous
    Natasha Moore, 10/5/14

    The Cottage Next Door

    The Cottage Next Door
    Natasha Moore, 9/16/14

    Playing For Real

    Playing For Real
    Natasha Moore, 2/4/14

    Dragon Song

    Dragon Song
    Cameo, 3/11/13

    The Snow Job

    The Snow Job
    Cameo, 2/13/13