Speed Date Interview with Alpha Hero
1. What do you do for work? Wheel and deal – I mean I buy and sell companies.
2. What do you do for fun? What could be more fun than wheeling and dealing?
3. Where are you from? The city I was born in has an airport with the same name as mine. (I enjoy riddles.) Currently, I live in Manhattan, but I'm not tied to any one place.
4. Tell us something about your past. No past. It's a closed book. Next?
5. When was your last relationship and how long did it last? Life is fleeting. I'm not into permanence.
6. What do you need in a relationship? Is this a PG site? [Looks around.] Okay, then, I can't use that 3-letter word beginning with 's' and ending in 'x'.
7. What do you bring to a relationship? Money. Connections. What else is there? [Grins] Besides that word I can't say.
8. Do you want to marry or have you ever been married? Never been married. Not on my bucket list.
9. Do you believe in love at first sight? I didn’t, until Amanda presented me with the surprise of a lifetime.
10. Is sexual compatibility important to you? Are you kidding? It’s mandatory.
11. How do you spend your spare time? I enjoy most outdoor activities like sailing and skiing. And one particular indoor activity. Is this site still PG?
12. Describe your perfect vacation. Give me a hot woman and an exotic location. I’ll take care of the rest.
13. Are you a morning person or a night person? Night. Remember my favorite indoor activity?
14. What is your fairy tale? Uh, fairy tales? Okay, Snow White. I figure I can beat out seven dwarves.
15. What is the longest relationship (not sexual) you have had with animal, vegetable or tangible? Does my airplane count? I have a cool Learjet and one item that is on my bucket list is to learn how to fly it.
16. What do you need that you don't have, Logan? [Long silence.] Some things are just not possible.
17. Where can we learn more about you?
Here's the Blurb for my story, Eclipse of the Heart: Amanda Thompson is offered her dream job as a junior executive at a Manhattan venture firm. The terms are a little vague, but she has a seriously ill sister to provide for, and her new boss is a seriously attractive man. Failure is not an option, so she'll keep her eye on the prize, and her heart and body out of the mix…despite the boss's overly personal interest in her.
Logan Winter is a hard-driving business tycoon who likes his sex life hot and his emotional life cold. His new high-end call girl is a little different from the ordinary bimbos who fill the role. That's okay, since he's ready for different. Even discovering the mistake that's been made is okay, because he knows how to get what he wants…and he wants Amanda.
And, here's an excerpt:
“Logan,” she said, struggling to repeat the words. Lie or not, she had to say them to stop this dangerous madness. “I’m not attracted to you.”
He released her just enough to look down at her. “So why are your nipples hard?”
“Because you’ve been manhandling them!”
His half smile showed, though his face looked a little strained. “Yeah, technically I suppose they have been handled by a man. With great pleasure.”
“I’ve had a long day.” If she didn’t get out of this room, she might grab him. “I’d like to retire to my room. Will you need me tonight for work?”
He raised his brows. “Yes, I will need you,” he said firmly. “Perhaps you’d like to change into something more comfortable?” He glanced at his watch. “Shall we say half-an-hour?”
“Fine.” She suppressed a sigh. He had told her this would be her first night on the job. “Though I don’t need to change,” she added. “What will you want me to do?”
His gaze, which had been lingering on her breasts, snapped to her face.
“Amanda, you’re a sharp woman. Right from the beginning I liked that about you.”
She took a step back. “Your point is?”
“Look, unless you’re wearing a plaid skirt and knee socks, the ingénue approach isn’t my thing.”
“The ingénue approach?” He’d reduced her to a parrot.
“The dumb, innocent act. Even in the right outfit, it wouldn’t be my first choice.”
“I …” She opened and closed her mouth. Words failed her. Had she taken a job with a pervert? Damn! It had seemed so perfect! “What are you talking about?”
“Are you new at this?” he demanded, his eyes narrowing as he looked down at her. “Because I’ve told the agency I want only experienced women. And no games.”
“You know exactly what my experience is. And if you don’t like to play games, then stop speaking in riddles. Just tell me plainly what you want.”
“Fine.” He jerked his hand toward her. “Get undressed.”
More Excerpt here
Buy Eclipse of the Heart on Amazon http://amzn.com/B00C5ROHB4
Buy Eclipse of the Heart on Barnes and Noble http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/eclipse-of-the-heart-carly-carson/1046440089?ean=2940016605272
Buy Eclipse of the Heart on ARe https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-eclipseoftheheart-1162771-149.html
For more information, please visit http://www.carlycarson.com
Thanks for joining me, and I have a question for you. What city was Logan born in?