Romance authors’ real-life romances


Ever wonder how some of your favorite romance authors found their own happily-ever-after?  

You can find out in the new book How I Met My Husband. I'm thrilled to be one of two dozen romance authors featured in the *free* Kindle edition, in which authors tell the stories of how we met our spouses, and include excerpts from our latest books.  If you want a fun read, check it out: http://tinyurl.com/8nv3nyc. Authors include Brenda Hiatt, Michele Stegman, Athena Grayson, Nikki Duncan, and lots more!


But I won’t keep you in suspense.  I’ll share my own happily-ever-after account, which I affectionately dub Only An Englishman Would Do… 

When I was 11-years-old, my 8-year-old cousin and I used to sit around my bedroom like typical young girls and daydream about what our future husbands would be like. She vowed to marry a well-known singer when she grew up, but I always insisted that I was going to marry an Englishman. The accent always seemed so dashing and sophisticated to me. 

Fast forward about a dozen years: I was 22, living far from home in New York City and working at a network TV job I loved, when one Saturday night I walked into a bar with two of my girlfriends and met this handsome Englishman! I’m not so shallow as to say he had me at ‘hello,’ but the minute he and I started talking, it was like we’d known each other forever. We married two years later, and I’m happy to say we’re still crazy in love. To this day, my cousin still teases me about my childhood prediction! And no, she did not marry that famous pop star.

What about you?  What was your first idealistic vision of the man you wanted to marry? Did it come true?
 
Jenna
Snow White And Her Seven Lovers -- available at amazon.com
 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your story Jenna about how you met your husband. How romantic!! I'm glad to know that a real life fairy tale actually did come true. Can't wait to read more of your work. Love it!

Momma Of Three said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Momma Of Three said...

Great post! Found the ebook in Amazon. Can't wait to read it. ;)

Kathy Bennett said...

Hi Jenna!

I'd actually said I wasn't looking for a man when I met my husband. I'd been dating and was just fed up with it all. I was a probationary police officer and was too concerned with getting off probation to worry about love.

One day, through with my day watch shift, I was heading into the station when another officer came out of the door. He closed his eyes with the onslaught of sunlight. He didn't seem to have any sunglasses with him. I have light eyes and know the pain of sensitive eyes. I offered the male officer my sunglasses. He declined, saying his house wasn't far away and he'd go get his sunglasses. However, I did notice on subsequent days this same male officer would show up on my radio calls.

I never gave it any other thought. Later, I'd asked one of my training officers if he knew anyone who might help me fine-tune my shooting skills. He gave me a name. I told my training officer I didn't know who that was. He pointed out the officer who could help me with my shooting - it was the guy who I'd offered my sunglasses.

We went on a shooting 'date,' and we've been together ever since.

Carly Carson said...

Oh I love that story Kathy. It's enough to make you believe in fate. Now I'll have to go read Jenna's story.