Happy New Year
As we say good bye to 2011 and look ahead to 2012, I've been thinking about what's happened in my life in the past year and what I'm looking forward to in the new next twelve months. I thought it would be fun to share them here.
* I saw the release of the first two stories in my Paolo's Playhouse series, Flaunt It was released in August and Risk It was released in November.
* Hubby and I took a trip to visit family & friends in Florida and despite the terrible trip back, made me long to become a snowbird and spend the winter in the Sunshine State.
* My best friend was diagnosed with breast cancer last spring & during the year she'd had surgery, completed chemo & radiation, and is now almost ready to get rid of the wigs and scarves. She's rocking the short hair look.
* I went to RWA National conference in NYC, traveling by train and meeting many on-line friends.
* My son got engaged to his girlfriend, a smart and pretty young woman who's a good match for him.
* I'm looking forward to the release of the last two Paolo's Playhouse stories, Birthday Girl in Feb and Plaything in May.
* I'm going to the first ever RomFest in Gatlinburg, Tenn in June and will be participating in my first workshop there
* We'll be having two weddings in the family (but not my son's - they're planning a 2013 wedding)
* I'm looking forward to 2012 being my last year at the day job. Hopefully when I do this post next year, I'll be becoming a full time writer!
Here's a wish to our readers that 2012 brings amazing things to you all!