1. Computers and word processing software -- because, man, I hated typing my college papers on a typewriter and using white-out or those little correction papers when I made a typo or wanted to change something.
2. Self-service at the post office – now I don’t have to wait in line to mail contest entries, partials to agents, partials to my editor, fulls to my editor, books to contest winners, etc.
3. Email – now I can get rejections within 24-hours! OK, that’s the downside. Whenever I open my email, it’s with an expectation of getting some wonderful news.
4. Libraries – which fostered my love of reading.
5. Bookstores – which carry and sell my books.
6. Books – well, because I LOVE them.
7. My editors at Harlequin and Red Sage – because they like me, they really, really like me!
8. Online communities – because blogs, chats, and message boards keep me connected to other romance writers.
9. My husband – so I have someone with whom to practice my erotic romance scenes.
There's really so much more, and I'm sure you all have your own lists, but I have to get to bed. My husband signed us all up for a 5K Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning. So I have to run a 5K and then go home and cook!
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!