Where has all the intelligent writing gone?
Recently, I’ve had the opportunity to spend some time watching old movies and re-reading some of the classics. After a few weeks of swimming in some of the most amazing writing for both the “silver screen” and the printed word, I started to wonder. What caused us drift away from such brilliance? Now, I wouldn’t say that all of the new stories that have come out in the last hundred years lacked luster, but the volume of good choices has gotten less. What’s caused this downslide?

Publisher say they only give the consumer what they want, but is that true? Of course the almighty dollar plays a huge role it what’s available to us, but as consumers aren't we’re the ones that have the control.

So what can we do to give a fertile field for good writing to be published? Well, I know that I for one am going to be more selective in my choices for both movies and reading. My money alone might not mean anything to the publishers or producers, but when it’s added to others it’s a figure that could get some attention.

As a published author, I can also do something that consumers can’t. I can offer quality, not just quantity to my publisher. Making money is important to every author, but if I have to make it at the cost of giving away my creativity, that’s a price I’m not willing to pay.
  • In the Court of Love and Loss

    In the Court of Love and Loss
    Jenna Ives 11/15/16

    A Very Jaguar Christmas

    A Very Jaguar Christmas
    Terry Spear 10/4/16

    Choose Me

    Choose Me
    Natasha Moore 9/24/16

    Taken by a Navy SEAL

    Taken by a Navy SEAL
    Carly Carson 9/5/2016

    Stolen by a Highland Rogue

    Stolen by a Highland Rogue
    Vonda Sinclair 8/27/16

    Highlander Unbroken

    Highlander Unbroken
    Vonda Sinclair 5/10/16

    Alpha Wolf Need Not Apply

    Alpha Wolf Need Not Apply
    Terry Spear 5/3/16

    Conqueror Vanquished

    Conqueror Vanquished
    Leigh Court, 4/26/16

    The Viking's Highland Lass

    The Viking's Highland Lass
    Terry Spear 4/4/16

    SEAL Wolf In Too Deep

    SEAL Wolf In Too Deep
    Terry Spear 2/2/16

    Covert Cougar Christmas

    Covert Cougar Christmas
    Terry Spear 12/18/15

    Her Royal Mistake

    Her Royal Mistake
    Natasha Moore 8/20/15

    Her Royal Rendezvous

    Her Royal Rendezvous
    Natasha Moore, 10/5/14

    The Cottage Next Door

    The Cottage Next Door
    Natasha Moore, 9/16/14

    Playing For Real

    Playing For Real
    Natasha Moore, 2/4/14