Scottish Highland Games and Festival

The 5th annual Scottish Highland Games and Festival was held last weekend in Mt. Dora, Florida. My husband is part Scottish so we went to have some fun. (I didn’t tell him I was going mostly to ogle the guys in kilts, LOL.)

And I wasn’t disappointed! Almost as soon as we arrived, we saw a field where brawny guys in short skirts were getting ready to toss an empty beer keg over a high-vault wire. Oh my. Such muscles!!






The Scottish clans were well represented:







One warrior in intimidating face paint looked ready for battle...

  

Others just wanted to chat (or have a “chin wag” as my Scottish friend Alice says)...


Or simply to look the part of a Scottish lass...




















Bagpipe music serenaded all the festivities...


And my hubby (clan MacLeod) even stopped to inquire about getting a custom kilt... (Yellow and black is his clan tartan...)



It was a fun day, and as we left, we wished everyone shlĂ inte!

Leigh
www.leighcourt.com



1 comment:

Vonda Sinclair said...

Very cool! I love Scottish Games!