Come On Spring!
Yesterday felt like spring. 62 degrees in western New York is practically summer! My friend and I took advantage of the warm day to take a walk down along the lake. There's still snow everywhere. The lake is still iced over but I hope the ice fisherman are being careful! It was great to feel the sun beating down on our backs and to breathe in the fresh air without being bundled up. So I took advantage of the camera on my iPhone and this morning I'd like to share some of the pictures with you.

We live in a small village on a small lake. Most of the lakefront homes have been bought up by wealthy people from out of state, but for those of us who live here year round, the lake is only a few steps away.



Dock piling:



We walked down to the beach and took some picture from the still snow covered deck:



A view of the lake from the deck:



Reflections on the ice from the opposite shore (the reflections are beautiful on the water when the ice melts too.)



We didn't walk down as far as where the ice fishermen usually set up, but you can see from the footprints that someone had been walking out on the lake recently.



A view of the actual beach that is open for swimming in the summer. The red lifeguard perch is visible on the right:



It looks like some kids have been having fun on the playground, even with the snow:



On the way back home, I caught a picture of a little footbridge over a stream running rapidly with water from the melting snow:



What a joy it was to take that walk, to emerge from hibernation for the past few months. Soon the ice will melt completely and the branches will once again be covered in leaves. And I'll enjoy the lake - and our walks - even more.



Come on spring!

Natasha
Paolo's Playhouse series
Silken Canvas
www.natashamoore.com
  • Call of the Cougar

    Call of the Cougar
    Terry Spear 11/19/14

    Bound to Submit

    Bound to Submit
    Natasha Moore, 10/15/14

    A Highland Wolf Christmas

    A Highland Wolf Christmas
    Terry Spear 10/7/14

    Her Royal Rendezvous

    Her Royal Rendezvous
    Natasha Moore, 10/5/14

    The Cottage Next Door

    The Cottage Next Door
    Natasha Moore, 9/16/14

    Hero of a Highland Wolf

    Hero of a Highland Wolf
    Terry Spear 8/5/14

    Secrets Volume 31: Fantasies Fulfilled

    Secrets Volume 31: Fantasies Fulfilled
    Leigh Court, 7/31/14

    Her Highland Hero

    Her Highland Hero
    Terry Spear 7/6/14

    Jaguar Hunt

    Jaguar Hunt
    Terry Spear, 6/3/14

    My Rebel Highlander

    My Rebel Highlander
    Vonda Sinclair 5/13/14

    Duke of Devonwood

    Duke of Devonwood
    Carly Carson, 4/6/14

    Once Upon a Highland Moon

    Once Upon a Highland Moon
    Gwyn Brodie, 2/20/14

    Playing For Real

    Playing For Real
    Natasha Moore, 2/4/14

    Programmed to Protect

    Programmed to Protect
    Jenna Ives, 2/1/14

    Her Royal Bodyguard

    Her Royal Bodyguard
    Natasha Moore, 1/1/14

    Fighting Love

    Fighting Love
    Abby Niles, 12/31/13

    My Notorious Highlander

    My Notorious Highlander
    Vonda Sinclair, 10/30/13

    Extreme Love

    Extreme Love
    Abby Niles, 4/30/13

    My Daring Highlander

    My Daring Highlander
    Vonda Sinclair, 3/29/13

    Dragon Song

    Dragon Song
    Cameo, 3/11/13

    The Snow Job

    The Snow Job
    Cameo, 2/13/13

    My Brave Highlander

    My Brave Highlander
    Vonda Sinclair, 7/19/12

    My Wild Highlander

    My Wild Highlander
    Vonda Sinclair, 8/26/11