Playing catch up

I'm so sorry I've been neglecting my blog. I have a good excuse. I got my first revision request. Woohoo!! How does that feel? Amazing, thrilling and terrifying all at once. So that makes two firsts in one month. (First 1st place in a contest and first revision request.) Oh and another thing, one of the recipes I contributed to my local chapter's (Smoky Mountain Romance Writers) fundraiser cookbook is going to be made on TV. A lady from our chapter who lives in Knoxville, where the show (Style) is taped, will be making the dish-- Southern Sweetheart (Sweet potato pie). I hope it turns out well. I can't get the station since I live over 100 miles away in NC. But what great publicity that will be for our chapter. Maybe we will sell lots of cookbooks as a result. Please visit www.smrw.org to learn more about the chapter or to buy a cookbook. It's filled with romantic, indulgent, decadent recipes.

In other news I learned that my Scottish historical, My Fierce Highlander, placed second in the Golden Gateway competition. Woohoo! I feel really good about that since there were five finalists and dozens of entrants.

Here’s one of the last pictures of my flowers for this year. The forecast says snow in higher elevations (where I live) for tomorrow night. Eeek! I can’t believe how quickly summer left and winter is arriving. Back to revisions. Everyone, have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the revision request. That is reason to be away!

Vonda Sinclair said...

Thank you, Tess!!! :-)