Chocoholics Anonymous


Romance writers (and readers) are the most passionate chocolate lovers around. Am I right? Recently at a writer’s conference I placed multiple bids on a charity chocolate basket. It contained all sorts of gourmet chocolate candies and fudge. I know there must have been dozens of other writers there who wanted it. But I won! Wow, it was incredible. I savored each morsel of chocolate until it was all gone. Then I was sad. :-(

My husband hates chocolate. Ninety-nine percent of his family members hate chocolate. I don’t know what’s wrong with them. Seriously warped? :-) When I make the most incredible, rich chocolate desserts for family dinners, they eat one bite, their eyes widen and they say something like, "Dang, that’s rich," and set it aside. When did "rich" become a negative term? Sometimes my husband says, "That tastes so bitter." Huh? Special Dark is my favorite bar. Semi-sweet chocolate chips, ambrosia. Chocolate coffee (or mocha) is a part of my daily ritual. My inspiration. Below is the recipe. What is your favorite recipe involving large amounts of chocolate? Please feel free to share it here.

Hot Quickie Mocha
1/4 c. Hot water
1/3 teaspoon instant coffee
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
1 heaping teaspoon cocoa powder
3/4 cup milk
You will need two coffee mugs to make this. In one mug, heat 1/4 cup hot water in microwave for 25 seconds. Take out and spoon 1/3 teaspoon instant coffee into the hot water, set aside. Mix sugar and cocoa powder dry in 2nd cup. Stir liquid coffee and blend 2 teaspoons of the liquid into the sugar and cocoa mix. Stir until it forms a thick liquid. Stir in the rest of the coffee. Then stir in 3/4 cup milk. Heat in microwave for 1 minute and 45 seconds or until hot.
(For red hot quickie, add a dash cinnamon.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can so relate! I *love* chocolate, but my hubby and his family are just like your hubby/his family. I agree--something is definitely wrong with those people!

--Pam