Water Fun--Not!



 Stinging jelly fish, lots of different varieties! The top picture is of a sea anemone. Poke your finger in the center and it will try to eat it. :) When I went to the Pensacola beach, jelly fish cluttered the beach and floated in the water. Same when I went to South Padre Island. But when I was at Grand Cayman Island, no jelly fish or Portuguese Man-of-Wars. Not that they don't have them. I just didn't see any of them.

So thankfully, I didn't have to add those to A Howl for a Highlander. I had picked up a Man-of-War once. I was maybe 5 and we were on vacation in Florida. Did I ever mention kids can ruin their parents' vacation in a heartbeat? I thought it was a big purple balloon. We were from California and I don't ever remember seeing something like that on the California beaches. Not at that age.

My hands swelled to three times their normal size and I went into shock.

They're nothing to mess with. So though I love the water...these creatures are best left to swim alone.

My dad jumped into the Banana River in Florida from a boat to swim and started yelling. Mom quickly got back into the boat. Dad had jumped into the black water into a patch of stinging jelly fish. Not fun.

Have you ever had an encounter with the stinging kind? Wouldn't you rather just swim with---him?


Have a terrific Saturday!!! Back to writing!!!



Howl for a Highlander
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: Werewolf Series, Book 10
Release Date: February 5, 2013
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Formats Available: Mass Market Paperback, Kindle, Nook
Purchasing Info:Author’s Website, Publisher, Amazon, BAM, IndieBound, Book Depository, Chapters/Indigo, Powell’s, Goodreads, Kindle, Barnes & Noble, Nook, iTunes, Kobo, Books On Board, Discover New Love.

And if you haven't signed up and want to:
Want to be kept up-to-date on Terry Spear's NEW releases? Just sign up here and you'll receive an update each time a new release comes out!
Subscribe to Terry Spear's New Releases Announcement
Terry
"Giving new meaning to the term alpha male where fantasy IS reality!"
www.terryspear.com
  • My Rebel Highlander

    My Rebel Highlander
    Vonda Sinclair 5/13/14

    Duke of Devonwood

    Duke of Devonwood
    Carly Carson, 4/6/14

    Silence of the Wolf

    Silence of the Wolf
    Terry Spear, 3/4/14

    Cougar's Mate

    Cougar's Mate
    Terry Spear, 2/27/14

    Once Upon a Highland Moon

    Once Upon a Highland Moon
    Gwyn Brodie, 2/20/14

    Playing For Real

    Playing For Real
    Natasha Moore, 2/4/14

    Programmed to Protect

    Programmed to Protect
    Jenna Ives, 2/1/14

    Her Royal Bodyguard

    Her Royal Bodyguard
    Natasha Moore, 1/1/14

    Fighting Love

    Fighting Love
    Abby Niles, 12/31/13

    My Notorious Highlander

    My Notorious Highlander
    Vonda Sinclair, 10/30/13

    The Highlander

    The Highlander
    Terry Spear, 10/14/13

    Her Royal Masquerade

    Her Royal Masquerade
    Natasha Moore, 10/13/13

    A SEAL Wolf Christmas

    A SEAL Wolf Christmas
    Terry Spear, 9/24/13

    Voluptuous

    Voluptuous
    Natasha Moore, 9/6/13

    Jaguar Fever

    Jaguar Fever
    Terry Spear, 8/6/13

    Extreme Love

    Extreme Love
    Abby Niles, 4/30/13

    My Daring Highlander

    My Daring Highlander
    Vonda Sinclair, 3/29/13

    Dragon Song

    Dragon Song
    Cameo, 3/11/13

    The Snow Job

    The Snow Job
    Cameo, 2/13/13

    Silken Canvas

    Silken Canvas
    Natasha Moore, 12/25/12

    My Brave Highlander

    My Brave Highlander
    Vonda Sinclair, 7/19/12

    My Wild Highlander

    My Wild Highlander
    Vonda Sinclair, 8/26/11

    Secrets Volume 31: Fantasies Fulfilled

    Secrets Volume 31: Fantasies Fulfilled
    Leigh Court