Collector or...Ahem, Hoarder?
Okay, some would like to call their addiction being a collector, and I agree that we should try to put a positive spin on things, so I'm a collector too, of several collections: Christmas Santas, snowmen, bears, and cover art.

Some of being a collector though is that others would gift me with the collectibles, which is why I have some of the collections--the Santas and the bears (not the ones I make). I have a very small collection of snowmen. Maybe 10. So that's not hoarding. Really.

I sometimes get that way with bear fur--see some new bear fur and have to have it. :) But I've been pretty good about using up the older fur and not getting a whole lot of new fur. Still, I do use it up eventually and the bears are off to join other households.

So what do I tend to hoard? Book covers.

I was reading a book about how the heroine was a hoarder. It was really dumb. And I was thinking, she really has issues. I'm glad I'm not like that.

Then I began to think of what I have that I've been collecting recently. Covers. Ohmigod, I need to be in a support group.

So here it is. My name is Terry Spear and I'm addicted to collecting covers.

There, I said it.

That's not just premade covers, but also pictures that I'm working on to make into covers.

How do you know if you have an addiction?

Well, truthfully, it's when your life is affected by it. You neglect work (hmm, writing is set aside to make another cover, and another....or rework the old ones), yep.

Neglect family. Nope.

Can't stop if you hear of a new place to collect. Or revisit the other places, spending hours (because I have a VERY slow internet and it takes forever to upload a page to look at pictures), and spy the perfect collectible whatever and have to have it, whether you need it or not. Yep.

Okay, so I have a semi-addiction. Because the real reason I get hooked on other covers is that I'm searching for the perfect cover for a current book I'm working on and see something else that will be perfect for another book I haven't written. Or, have written and need to revise. Or have started. Or haven't a clue what I will write for it but I love the cover (yes, that's perfect addiction material.)

When I talked about this on a writer's loop, I was sooo glad to learn I'm not the only one with this addiction. LOL

So while I was thinking about this addiction, I thought I needed to hold myself accountable. I went ahead and made a webpage that features covers for: stories in progress, finished stories that need a lot of revision, stories I haven't started but that are part of a series that I will write one of these days and I'll have to add a couple of more that I haven't added because I have no clue as to what I want to call them or write about.

That's where I know I'm totally addicted. I had no idea I had so many premade covers already made!!!

And guess what! It takes time to write books!

So the good news is, I've posted most of the covers on the website, and will look at them periodically to remind myself not to buy any new ones. Hopefully this will help with accountability. :)

Also, I'm hoping to curb my cover buying impulses and will tell myself that I can't have another cover up there until I take another down (as it the story is finished and I have removed the cover from WIP to available!

The problem with that is that I have some stories written that I don't have covers for, so when they're made available??? Oh, sure, it's easy for you to say work on the book that you have a cover for, but the writing brain doesn't always work that way. Believe me! (This has nothing to do with the collecting side of the brain.)....hmmm, I might have an addiction to collecting story ideas.

I can't deal with that now. :)

I'm concentrating on Silence of the Wolf! Had a breakthrough both on how to open the book yesterday and wrote 5,000 words, and did some research that also gave me a great idea for the story....so very happy there. :)

Here are the covers---and the stories to follow...one of these days!!!


Finished, needs revisions.





















Finished, needs revisions.

Vampire Redemption.

I'm still working on the sequel to Huntress for Hire, but I found this cover and had to have it. Adonis's younger sister is the one causing all the trouble now! Actually, she caused it in the first book too. So it's time for her to get her comeuppance. Eventually. :)

I actually was working on the sequel to Deadly Liaisons, Dangerous Liaisons, but still haven't found a cover. So I might have to finish this one first.

I have about 12,000 on this one. That seems to be my getting stuck point!



I've been playing around with The Vampire is Mine, Sequel to Kiss of the Vampire (YA Blood Moon Series.) :)

I have 12,000 words done on this story. It's the continuing story about the vampires Levka, Arman, Stasio and Ruric, and Elaine who they picked up in the first book. Arman is the one who's getting them into trouble this time over a girl named Fiona, thinking to protect her from a master vampire, only she's making a declaration of her own in The Vampire is Mine!

The Highlander, another book in The Highlanders Series, which is partly written--I think 20,000.

Hawk Fae is book 6 in The World of Fae series. :) I will definitely be working on this one soon.



Magic of Inherian, book 3, the Emerald Isle of Mists.

This is Lady Kersta's story. Started.



Work in progress.
Another book in the Shadow Elf series.


Two more covers I don't have the titles on yet, so not up. And many more pictures for cover art that I need to work on--maybe 30? Two of which I've begun work on and have started the story for one.

Not sure off hand.

I need more time to write! :)

But I am concentrating on writing for now--Silence of the Wolf.

So now that I've started this therapy session, what is it that you would like to share???

Terry
"Giving new meaning to the term alpha male where fantasy IS reality!"
www.terryspear.com
  • My Rebel Highlander

    My Rebel Highlander
    Vonda Sinclair 5/13/14

    Duke of Devonwood

    Duke of Devonwood
    Carly Carson, 4/6/14

    Silence of the Wolf

    Silence of the Wolf
    Terry Spear, 3/4/14

    Cougar's Mate

    Cougar's Mate
    Terry Spear, 2/27/14

    Once Upon a Highland Moon

    Once Upon a Highland Moon
    Gwyn Brodie, 2/20/14

    Playing For Real

    Playing For Real
    Natasha Moore, 2/4/14

    Programmed to Protect

    Programmed to Protect
    Jenna Ives, 2/1/14

    Her Royal Bodyguard

    Her Royal Bodyguard
    Natasha Moore, 1/1/14

    Fighting Love

    Fighting Love
    Abby Niles, 12/31/13

    My Notorious Highlander

    My Notorious Highlander
    Vonda Sinclair, 10/30/13

    The Highlander

    The Highlander
    Terry Spear, 10/14/13

    Her Royal Masquerade

    Her Royal Masquerade
    Natasha Moore, 10/13/13

    A SEAL Wolf Christmas

    A SEAL Wolf Christmas
    Terry Spear, 9/24/13

    Voluptuous

    Voluptuous
    Natasha Moore, 9/6/13

    Jaguar Fever

    Jaguar Fever
    Terry Spear, 8/6/13

    Extreme Love

    Extreme Love
    Abby Niles, 4/30/13

    My Daring Highlander

    My Daring Highlander
    Vonda Sinclair, 3/29/13

    Dragon Song

    Dragon Song
    Cameo, 3/11/13

    The Snow Job

    The Snow Job
    Cameo, 2/13/13

    Silken Canvas

    Silken Canvas
    Natasha Moore, 12/25/12

    My Brave Highlander

    My Brave Highlander
    Vonda Sinclair, 7/19/12

    My Wild Highlander

    My Wild Highlander
    Vonda Sinclair, 8/26/11

    Secrets Volume 31: Fantasies Fulfilled

    Secrets Volume 31: Fantasies Fulfilled
    Leigh Court